Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Belmont Winds

Jan. 30, 2008

It has taken over a week to shake the flu I caught last Monday. So today, thanks to a fellow kiter Al Navas, I climbed back on his Trikke T-8 and hit the road. The first shot was a challenge, taking my own picture while coming down Bayshore. I'm glad I took my house keys because that's what I had to use to prop up the camera. Ok, ok the shot was staged and it took three shots to get the timing right. But it was really enjoyable riding the Trikke with my portable XM radio and Bose headphones. Got to have good sounds when you're on the road!!!!



Once I got to Ocean Blvd. I ran into a head wind coming from the port. Whoe, where did that come from? I rode over to the Claremont ramp and tried to shield the camera by going behind the restroom. You can tell the wind was pretty strong, maybe 18 mph, when I captured the Naish getting ready to go out.



I thought it was interesting grabbing this one of the sign that said "Contaminated Water, No Swimming." That never stops kiters, we don't drink the water, we just fly over it.



All three kiters were on the new Naish Sigma kites and I couldn't see what size they were from my vantage point. Just a note, I don't know if you discovered this, but when you double click on the pictures, the program zooms or expands the shot. But you knew that didn't you?







I'm guessing they were 16's and 14's. Maybe someone can add a comment if you know the sizes and the kiters that were out today.

After taking the shots I continued my ride East on Ocean, back up Bayshore west on 1st and down one of the streets to Ocean. I did this loop for about a half hour when I noticed the wind was dying. That's when I grabbed this shot of the lone Naish in the air with the others on the sand.



I got in a about an hour on the Trikke. Not very long, but I'm still a newbie on it. Al has ridden up to 5 hours and he's also been in a marathon on it.
He's a stud.

When I got home I went to the Belmont Athletic Club with Ruth. She went on the machines for about an hour and I did some stretching, ab work and a little time on the machines.

We're back home now after going to the grocery store and now I'm going to start a little fire in the fireplace and maybe watch some TV.

I hope your day was pleasent and that you have a great day tomorrow.


Jim





4 Comments:

At January 31, 2008 at 6:17 AM , Blogger Juliano said...

Hi Jim,

I love the new format! And no, I did not know you could click on the pics so thanks for that! Great Job!!

Juliano

 
At January 31, 2008 at 7:50 AM , Blogger bajakiter said...

Clicking the photos was a help to me too!

Mark

 
At January 31, 2008 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Joe Agliozzo said...

They dumped a large quantity of raw sewage into the LA river, which is then carried by current right to Belmont. Thus the signs.

Hope the guys on the water got their Hepatitis shots this year.

 
At February 19, 2008 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Jeffrey B Towns said...

Wow! This is so cool. I would think I live in St. Topez. Perhaps we do live in the Cote d'Azur american.

Keep it up. Great photos.

Jeff

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home