Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sat., Sun., Mon., Tues., Wed......

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...


Sad, Happy, Skunked, Wind, Better Wind and Sad again.



On Saturday we buried my old water ski buddy Dennis Dawkins. He was actually younger than me. It was a great ceremony and his wife Cathy did a great job with all of the activities. It was also great seeing many old friends that I haven't seen for 30 years. But it's still sad.


On Sunday it was a day of relief. Klaus came over and told us he had just purchased a new Mac computer. So Ruth bought his old iMac and Klaus was nice enough to show her how to plug it all together. Then we went kiting. It was a great afternoon. We jumped and played out to the oil platform and fun. It was a very liberating experience. I was still kiting when he left. The next day he flew to Illinois to continue the installation of a new dairy for his company. The guy really loves his work.


()n Monday we got skunked. Well everyone but Bongo. He was able to get out as well as Gabor. But all I did was go down wind and do a lot of walking up the beach. Boo hoo:(


Tuesday was good. This was the first day there was enough wind to practice on the new directional. I was able to get up on Gabor's old Cabrinha race board. Mike and I are now co-owners. I still need a lot of work to get into the straps and up on the fins. Hey you've got to start somewhere. Thanks to Brian, Gabor and Alan for all of their help.


Wednesday... Mike Noal and I met up at Belmont. Unfortunately he had not received the parts for his "Big Mama" from Kite Naked, so he had to rig small. I got out on the Cabrinha and for the first time I was able to feel the fin action. But I'm still very insecure.


When I got home I received very sad news from my oldest son Robert that my late sister's only son Andy had taken his life. The only reason that I share this with you is that life is precious so enjoy every moment while we are on this earth.


Today Naji Faour and I spent some precious time on the launch ramp and agreed that life is very short. So take the time to say "I Love You" to your friends and loved ones.


I'm off my soap box now...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home