Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday was Mothers Day.... and we had wind too

May 8, 2011


Today was Mothers Day AND we had lots of wind too!!!
The first thing I had to think about was Ruth and the two dogs. I had to make sure that Bebe and Harley would be protected from the wind, sand and the lifeguards. So I set up this "perfect" encampment to deal with all things concerned. Double click on the pix to see our camp.



Ruth, Harley and Bebe made it to the beach but the wind and sand was a little too much for a good "Mother's Day" celebration. We were on the water so the photo credit goes to Ruth.
Wow!!! With a click of the switch the mild wind went POSTAL. I didn't get a Pier J reading but it was very windy... maybe at times over 20 MPH.
It didn't seem to bother Klaus on his new carbon fiber board and his "future" kite, a Core 13.5. At times he was a little over powered. So was I on my F-One 12. Oh well.

I loved seeing the consumate teacher walking down the beach with his two-way radio system. The wind didn't seem to bother Aranud and his KiteMaster School. BTW he is a great teacher.

Not everyone was on the beach, but here is Henry and Dr. Al discussing something important... like the sand in our teeths... just joking. Tee hee.
OK everyone the basketball season is over for Los Angeles. But what was great is the President of the L.A. Clippers is a kiter. Yes say "Hello" to Andy the next time he jumps your way.



It's 5 o'clock and the wind was not about to quit. NO WAY!!!




Tonight when Dan and Kristin came over for dinner after kiting I told her I took two pictures. This was acutally the second... but I missed the SPLASH.





Here is the good one, Kris in complete control, watching to make sure the kite did not fall out of the sky. She told me that she is now borrowing Dan's SU-2. She said it was great. I need to try it.






At about 6:30 we decided that was it for us yet there were still kiters on the water. Well it was time to go home and have the "Real Mother's Day" Celebration. We BBQ'd burgers, had some home-made coleslaw and lots of chips. Happy Mother's Day ladies:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home