Friday, March 25, 2011

Wind during the day and SCKA Social that night

March 25, 2011
Wind during the day and SCKA Social at night

Dan sent a Facebook blast that the wind was coming up and he needed to go to the dentist. Unfortunately I had to go to our accountant. By the time we got back from Studio City Dan was just coming off the water. When I got to the beach he was chatting with Bart Miller about tonights SCKA Social event at the Belmont Brewing Company

Bart had a lesson so Dan loaned Bart his kite so he could kite out and check on his student.When Ruth and I were at our tax guy I called Klaus to make sure he got off of work early and didn't take the overtime. He said he got on the water at about 3 and kited for about 3 hours. I was in a hurry to pump so I didn't get any great jumping shots...sorry
First thing on the water Klaus and I did a passing hand slap. When he turned and went starboard we just kept going straight for the oil platform. Unfortunately the water wasn't any smoother out in the ocean, so when we jibed and were going port I signaled "Let's go into Seal." Klaus waved me off and we headed back to Belmont. He told me later he didn't want to get stuck there.
Klaus and I de-rigged to get to the SCKA Social event and we noticed Bongo still kiting. He told us later that he only got in 45 minutes and got to the beach late... next time.
By the time I got to BBC (Belmont Brewing Co.) I saw Klaus leaving, but had a chance to chat with Gabor Vagi, who needed to head home. He is currently trying out a Royal kite and race board
When I started going inside BBC I noticed the sunset and couldn't resist taking a few pictures. Double click on the image to see it big
By the time I got inside Dan and Bart were in full on SCKA discussion
Kristin and Darren were talking about kiting and other stuff.
And I grabbed a shot of Dan, Bart and his new student
Naturally I had to ask someone to take a group shot of all of us. Just put in mentally Klaus and Gabor who were in their warm cars. We look forward to the next social :)









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home