Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spring Wind & MORE!!!!!

March 6 and many days prior...

March 6, 2011

Spring has sprung. There was wind today & a lot MORE!!!!!

The morning started out by Klaus coming by at about noon to say that the wind was blowing. I told him I had a few things to do around the house and I would be there directly. When I got to the beach there was not much wind....but we were still going to pump up.
As I walked out the Claremont ramp I noticed a large group of people and their bicycles. I asked one of them what was going on and he said it was a Vintage Bike Club taking a ride. It is so great seeing our beach being utilized by the our citizens.
At 12:30 I got to the kite area and Klaus was ready to go. Now I was running a little behind so I needed to pump up and hope for a little more wind.
Dan and Mark Moore are on the beach. Mark said that tomorrow he will downwind from Malibu to a beach south. Good luck Mark. Dan is using his new wet suit. Last time he was out he was Cccccooollldddd!!! Today he was warm thanks to Bruce Jones.
Dan was pumped, I was pumped and Klaus was checking the wind. It was only about 10-12 but we went out any way. Dan took Klaus's F-One 15 and I rode Big Mama.
Dan heads out. He was one happy camper. While I was on the water I saw him doing his famous back rolls and kite crashes. Later he told me his lines got messed up..no big!!
At some point Klaus grabbed his camera and took some beach shots. Thanks Klaus. Here I am walking up the beach with Klaus's borrowed harness. This time I have my own kite.
Here's Dan on Klaus's directional pulling some air. Not bad for a 6 foot board.
When Dan and I did this passing had slap I was hoping that Klaus caught it on tape. YES!! Great timing Klaus.
Klaus is on the water. He told me later that he was a little sore since this was the first time on the water in a while. It's been a while for most of us.
I think this was Hank Sanchez doing a great trick close to shore. NICE!!!!
I walked up to Station 8 and met Simone Vannucci today. He's carrying a proto-type of the new Royal Course Board.
Check out Royal kites and boards at royalkiteboarding.com or on Facebook "royalkiteboarding" If you go to "wall" and then to KTA Thailand and see some great shots, or copy this address:

http://www.facebook.com/royalkiteboarding?sk=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=10150103341748879&set=a.10150103341038879.288672.107842408878&theater


more pictures to come
Today was the first big day so far this year. So happy to see everyone on the beach:)

March 6, 2011

Ruth sold her car today. Boo hoo :(

Yes, Ruth's 1988 Corvette drove away today for the last time. H8WIMPS was driven into the sunset for the last time. Since we moved to Long Beach and sold the business all we have done is move it from one side of the street to the other. We will miss all of that horsepower though.

March 5, 2011

Dan and I said goodbye to Juliana and Juliano Calli

Dan and I drove up to SLO to meet with The Kiteboarder Magazine publisher Marina Chang. On the way home we dropped by to celbrate the new job and relocation of Juliana. She will be moving back to Brazil. In the mean time Juliano is getting his Masters Degree at UCSB.
The reality that we will not be seeing Juliana on the beach in Belmont Shore made me a little teary eyed. We hate to see our friends leave.... on the other hand this will give Ruth and I a place to go on one of our vacations. And Dan and I plan on visiting Juliano in Golita. I hear the wind blows up there too.... See you soon guys.

February 25, 2011

Our darling daughter Sara's birthday is today.....

Happy Birthday little girl....at least in my mind you are still my little girl.
Sara and here long time friend Lena celebrate the evening by preparing a fantastic dinner for everyone. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH...
At the end of the evening everyone was fading from too much saki... but it was fun

February 26, 2011

Clearing winds come to Belmont.....
On Saturday February 26th there were some wonderfull cloud formations and some wind too
I wasn't able to go out but there was one kiter that could. When you double click on the picture look at those wonderful clouds.
Mr. Clew First...Christopher Augustus was able to get out and get a little downwind action.
At the end of the day the clouds were even more magnificent.
Ruth and I were driving up the 405 and I couldn't get enough of the sunset. It was wild because I said to Ruth "Hold the wheel for a second so I can take a picture." OMG... we could have been kild. This was crazy.

February and March, 2011

More dog pictures.....

One day when Dan dropped off his dog Loki to visit Bebe and Harley, Ruth decided to play "Dress-up." Everyone had on there Holiday Best.
This is a little closer shot of Bebe and Harley....CUTE!!!!
On this day Ruth decided it was Matchie matchie day. Often we walk up Ocean Avenue and take the dogs inside the little bay area. I think they like checking it out.
This was another walk up the peninsula. These little camera/phones are amazing.
I don't know what the occasion was but aren't they cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home