Monday, December 13, 2010

More about the shooting

Dec. 13, 2010

More about the neighborhood shooting

I admit I'm a retired guy with too much time on his hands so yesterday I walked around with the two dogs and talked to my friends and neighbors about the shooting of Doug Zerby.

Most of us have driven up and down East Ocean Blvd. looking for a place to park. Well you probably have driven by this apartment, which is right in the middle of the block between Santa Ana and Pamona Avenue. This is where the shooting took place.

I can't tell you how many times I have walked between these apartments when I go to the beach. Now it will forever have another picture in my mind.

This is a shot into the courtyard where the shooting took place.

And these were the news crews that lined Ocean from the early afternoon until about midnight.

This was a real life vigil for a man the was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Here is a report on one of our local TV stations. You can see it on YouTube by pasting the following into http://www.youtube.com, Long Beach Police Murder un-armed 35 year old LB man for watering friends lawn Belmont Shores LBPD or going to Inside Edition at, http://www.insideedition.com/news/5498/man-holding-garden-hose-nozzle-shot-to-death-by-police.aspx

I would hate to think one of us would point a water nozzle at somebody if we had been drinking too much and not live to talk about it. I'm sorry to say but I think this just got out of hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home