Monday, October 4, 2010

Saturday and Sunday were a gift

Saturday and Sunday were a gift


Today, before I started this entry I took Bebe for a walk. I had to came back to the house for my camera because I could see a weather front coming. We may have clearing winds soon. Now back to kiting on Sunday and Saturday.

Sunday October 3 , 2010



It was a around noon when I decided to walk down to the beach to check out the wind. I noticed that Captain Kirks, So. Cal. Kiteboarding and Kitesurfari were all set-up on the Claremont ramp. They must have had lessons because the weather didn't look very promising.

Klaus came over at around 3:30 so we walked down to the beach. I was surprised that the wind was starting to build and there were a few kiters on the water. After a few minutes we went back to his car to get his gear and his new digital camera. I also grabbed my tripod and chair.

This was going to be a real challenge because between my legs I had the tripod to take high def movies and over my left shoulder I had my still camera. I knew I could take stills using his camera but I wanted to keep the functions separate. Check out the edited video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42CwYOrOnk4

Christopher and Radko were out today also but I didn't get them both in the same shot. Sorry.

Trevor stays in shape by jogging up the beach. Go Trev go. Jump Trev jump.

Kristin, Steve Lee and Dan arrived a little after 4. Not to worry there's plenty of wind. Kris is really getting her turns down. She hopes this wind continues.

Dan is in the building...or is that Elvis???

Here's a shot taken last Sunday by Kristin at Leo Carrillo. There was great wind both Saturday and Sunday. Actually I think the spot is Nickolas Canyon. If you have a Facebook account check out Dan's new video. Go to http://www.facebook.com/ and enter Dan Corbett and click on his 2 minute video.

Kyle was here to get a little too.

I think I captured Klaus and Michael D. doing a passing hand slap. Hopefully I'll be able to post the hi-def video when it gets edited together.

Dr. Al was having fun today too. Being right on the waters edge gave me a new vantage point for picture taking.

I know in the foreground is Rudy but I think behind his is Hank. Can someone let me know if I'm right?

Unfortunately Kristin's day ended on a sour note. Her kite hit the water and one of the strut valves popped open. OOOPPPPPSSSSS.

Over the years we have figured out how to use the two trees on the side of the house as a huge drying rack because there was water in the leading edge. It should be fine in a few days.

Saturday October 2 , 2010


It's 4 o'clock Saturday afternoon. Wind is coming up and there are kites on the water. Time to take some pictures since I can't kite for at least three more weeks.

Loki, Bebe and I went to the end of the ramp to take a few shots.

Bongo walks by with his directional. He's got that toe-side down.

Dong goes port in front of us on his new twin tip with boots.

Matt was one of the guys I started out with years ago. Check out the graphics on that cool Naish board.

Dan gets to the beach a little late but he plays catch up very well.

Really interesting cloud formation. I think the weather she is a changing.

Now this is how to end a session....grab your board and land on the beach. NICE!!!!

Kristin and Dan check out the water after the wind shuts off.

I don't know how "Bay Shore Don" is able to drive and play his guitar. Now that's multi-tasking.

What a beautiful sunset with the kites in the foreground. Another beautiful day in paradise.

1 Comments:

At October 5, 2010 at 9:31 AM , Blogger JB said...

Nice to see what's going on when I'm not around the LBC,

Thanks Jim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home