Friday, August 13, 2010

Klaus takes his camera to the beach....

Friday August 13, 2010

Today is friday the 13th and Klaus decided not to kite but instead bring his camera to the beach....

Hey Klaus "Your zipper is undone." Just kidding. Yep, that's me getting ready. On the extreme right is the gardening cart that I use to transport my gear from our house to the beach and back. Sometimes I carry three boards and two kites. But not today.

I've been flying a Wainman 12 for the past few weeks because the wind has been strong enough not to have to use Big Mama, which is a 15 sq. meter kite. Anytime you want to use either size just let me know and I'll let you demo them......no problem.

For those that have kited Belmont, the normal way out into the bay, especially during the summer, is on a starboard tack. Sometimes during the winter we go out on a port tack.

I don't consider myself a great jumper. Today is no different. But today I'm on borrowed gear because I'm trying Klaus's new North twin tip.

Our windsurfing buddy, Radko, is trying to over take me.I don't think I won this one.

Here Rudy, AKA "Bongo", and I are doing a passing hand slap. The new thing that Klaus has been doing, when we are both going in the same direction, he will come up on my down-wind side and we will slap hands too. It's sometimes very dicey.

Klaus grabbed a great shot of "Harley Mike" going port. He looks pretty close to shore.

Gabor came up from Seal and was heading back before the wind died.

Another attempt at jumping.

Mark must have finished his lesson for Kitesurfari. That's usually when he can go out.

Mitch, the lifeguard at tower 10, the Claremont ramp, keeps a watchful eye on the kiters. Mitch also kites that's why it's great having him assigned to this station.

THE END!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home