Friday, October 1, 2010

Rain.....winter.....and a little skin cancer

Friday, October 1, 2010

We had rain, a little operation and more fun at Belmont



What an unbelievable day today. A little while ago I returned from a store run for Ruth. It was raining as I pulled up in front of the house. How weird it that. Ruth met me at the curb and said "Did you see the rainbow?" I said "No." So I grabbed my camera and went up on the roof and grabbed this shot.

Then Ruth said "Did you get both of them?" I didn't see it. When you double click on the picture you will see the second rainbow, but it's very faint. Thus the arrow.


A little while before that Ruth and I were up on Second Street having a bite to eat. Can you tell we were at Apango for sushi. The occasion was a "Thank You Lunch." I was thanking Ruth for noticing this little bump on the side of my nose. Read on.....

There has been a little scar on the side of my nose for years from a previous dermatology visit. But not long ago Ruth said "Have you shown that to Dr. Gammer?" I said "No." "Well you should." He's our new dermatologist in Seal Beach.

One thing led to another and the biopsy came back.....skin cancer. So last Wednesday he removed it. Then on Friday I went to a plastic surgeon and he took some skin from behind my ear and repaired the area.

Don't double click on this shot if you don't want to. I got the stitches removed. The surgeon said is should be much better in a few weeks. And no kiting for about a month. Boo hoo.

Thursday, September 30, 2010


Thursday was quite a different weather day. Klaus and I walked down to Belmont to check it out

By the time we got there most everyone was walking up the beach. The wind shut off.

Unfortunately Christopher was walking too...the day was over.

After Klaus went home I took Bebe for a walk over to Bay Shore to watch Ruth swim. She said the water was pretty warm for such an overcast day.

Bebe and I usually are up near the bridge when Ruth turns around at the buoy for her return leg. I grabbed this shot of the little girl as she was watching for Ruth.

As we wrapped up the day the sky was amazing. I heard that these clouds have been drawn up from Mexico. I just think it looks great.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home