Saturday, December 4, 2010

OK, 70 isn't so bad after all

December 3rd, 2010, my birthday....

OK, I guess being 70 isn't so bad after all!!!

Ruth, Dan and Sara have been talking to me for sometime about my birthday and finally came up with the idea they would do my birthday in two phases. Phase one was tonight and it was going to be small. Phase two would come when the warm weather arrives and people return from their kite vacations. We will have a much larger party then.

For tonight Ruth picked Bono's Restaurant on 2nd street but she wanted to make the table setting much more elaborate. She and Sara worked fast to put it together.

In less than 20 minutes they finished the center piece.

At 7 people started arriving. Here is Sara, Steve and Lenni. All ready to party.

Here's Dan and Kristin. Dan brought a few bottles of wine from his eclectic collection.

Pat and Terry were the people that introduced us to Long Beach. We used to water ski with them at Lake Havasu.

You probably recognize Klaus, in the center is Ruth and her sister-in-law Liz.

Ruth's brother Randy came over to give me a birthday hug so I gave him a head rub. A little tit for tat.

Ruth gave the table quite the festive feel with the red roses.

In keeping with our birthday tradition Dan gave the first toast


Then it was Ruth's turn to give me a toast, or was it a roast???

Sara followed her mothers lead and continued the toast and roast. I can't wait for the next party.

Klaus worked the room taking tons of pictures. Unfortunately he had caught a cold and was not feeling very well.

The food has arrived so it's time to eat. SMILE!!!!

Klaus came over for this fun shot and then he went home early

Now it was time for the cards

Everything went well until Dan's very sentimental card. I couldn't control it..

I don't think the waiter could fit 70 candles onto this little wedge of chocolate cake. That's OK I was able to blow out all of the candles with no problem.

Ruth gave me a present too!!!

Thank you all for coming tonight and to all that sent their Birthday wishes too. Sadly all good parties have to come to an end and I think all of the people in the restaurant were happy we were going home too. I think we were kind of loud,

That's a wrap for now, but I can't wait for part two. I have a feeling that the theme of roasting and toasting will continue. Until then in the words of my neighbor "Jim, seventy is the new fifty." I like that idea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home