Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday

April 3rd, 4th and 5th

Sunday April 3, 2011

Tonight was a "Take the hard working gardener out to dinner night." Dan, Kristin and I took Ruth to a wonderful new restaurant here in Belmont. It's called Me Soo Hungry. It's on the corner of Claremont and 2nd Street. Mmmm GOOD!!! After kiting you should drop by and check it out. Excellent food, great service and good prices too. By the way please sign the petition to the ABC because ONE neighbor is stopping the owner from getting her beer and wine license.

WE CAN'T HAVE THAT!!! Check the place out and sign the petition.

Me Soo Hungry


Ruth's hard work has paid off, our front yard looks fantastic.



Monday Kiting


The wind actually started blowing early. Klaus texted me from work and asked if his wind readings were accurate. Winds were registering 18mph at 12 o'clock. I was working in the garage and couldn't tell so I went out in the street and saw three kites out. I think I saw Trevor, Dong and Hank on the water. The wind was really up.

I got on the water a little after one and got in a little kiting using my 12 and had a lot of fun. I was out at Chaffee Island when I noticed I couldn't get up wind any further. Ding, ding, ding. Time to head home while there's still some wind. Especially after dropping my kite yesterday down near the marina jetty. There were two other kites close to Chaffee but they were still powered up. Good for them. Kyle and I barley got in before the wind totally shut off.


That was switch number one, now switch #2


At about 6, when Dan, Kristin and I walked back to the house, it was just like summer. Dan and Kris headed to BBC to see the "Final Two" basketball game and I decided to take the dogs for a walk. The evening was fantastic. Warm and very beautiful. Bebe, Harley and I walked down to the Peninsula and were really enjoying the wonderful evening.

On our way home we ran into the Italian woman who is always riding her bike or walking around the Claremont beach area. Bernice stopped to say "Hello" and asked about the dogs. Then, another switch clicked and the wind started blowing like crazy. So intense that Bernice had to walk her bike down the alley using the apartments on Ocean to block the wind. I ran back home with the dogs.

It's hard to tell with a still photo but look on the lower left corner and see all of the dust from the sand. It was a real wind storm.


This picture, looking at walkers on the bike path, gives you a better of the winds intensity.


Tuesday



The wind starting blowing at about 2:30 so I grabbed my camera. On the way to the beach I saw this guy sanding a tree trunk and snapped his picture. His name is "Sunset Mike" and his business is converting tree trunks into tiki statues. Check out his website at http://sunsettikiworks.com/ Cool stuff. As I crossed Ocean I saw Bill's flag blowing off the pole.

As I headed down the Claremont ramp I saw Omar unloading his gear. I love his new car.

This is almost the same shot as the fourth picture up. This is looking West. I couldn't believe it Bart was doing a lesson. I'm guessing he had a 5 or 6 rigged for his student. Check out the seagull in the lower right corner. Cute!!



At 4 P.M. I was driving to the gym to try and relieve the back pain I was experiencing and the wind had really died off. Too bad guys.


At a little after 6, when I left the gym, this was the sight at the end of the Granada ramp. I love it when my trained seagull flys right into the middle of the frame. Let's see what happens tomorrow.


If you have read down this far please remember the date Saturday April 30th for the SCKA FREE Safety Clinic...... hope there's some wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home