Saturday, February 2, 2008

Shop Till You Drop and my favorite Sunsets

Feb. 1, 2008

Today was the first day for Dive and Surf's annual tent sale. This was my first, but my son Dan has been telling me about them for years. My wife and I went there knowing I needed a new wet suit and then would look around to see what else was on sale. They give you a plastic bag when you walk in and you immediately think "I'm not going to fill up this gunny sack of a bag." Well WE did and then some.

It took some doing but I found a 3-2 wet suit that fit me. I was
originally trying on 4-3's but for some reason they were big enough in the legs, but it was tough getting them over my shoulders. Too small. They must have short body patterns in China. That's when I said the 3-2 was fine. Hey, hey don't throw any stones about body weight here because I can't wait to hear stories about what you bought.

The next couple of hours was walking up and down grabbing this and trying that on. I now have three new beach shorts, flip-flops, sand walkers (Crocks), sweat shirts.....what else Santa? Oh yeah, a back pack, an equipment bag, and rash guard. Ruth found a lot of treasures on sale also. At one point Dan joined us, but he was still working and couldn't keep his mind into the shopping thing.

We're back home now and I can't wait to get my kite stuff in order. With the possibility of a rainy Super Bowl weekend it's going to be fun getting everything ready for the next storm front or clearing winds.

The music that's playing on XM as I type is Michael Buble. I love his voice and songs, but more than that I really love the musical arrangements and mixes of his CD's. I also like Michael McDonald. I think he uses his voice like an instrument (maybe a jazz trumpet) because you don't always understand what he's saying, but mixed with the other instruments it just sounds cool to listen to.

In closing, sunsets have become a passion of mine. For some mysterious reason since we moved to Belmont Shore I have really been attracted to taking digital shots of sunsets. Recently I culled through quite a few that I've taken and decided to share my top eight. It would thrill me if you liked one shot over another and could let me know why. By this time I hope you realize that when you double click on a picture is gets larger. To get back you use the back arrow on the top upper left.


















Sunsets, I have a feeling I'll be taking quite a few more while we are here. Enjoy, Jim

2 Comments:

At February 6, 2008 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Paul and Esther said...

I really like "Island.sun.clouds" and "TwoIsland.OneBoat.trim.Dark". I like the the first one because it has such a nice contrast of colors. There is an intense orange, yet some really white clouds. It's almost like fire and water. The second one just has this nice blue-ish-steely color throughout, and looks really cool, and the clouds kind of look like they came from an impressionist painting.
On another note, I still work down at the beach, although I'm coaching the local swim team now. I always look out too see if I recognize any of the kites when I drive by, as I take bayshore down to ocean.

 
At February 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM , Blogger dolphingirl said...

I hope to see thousands of your sunsets, then we can both disintegrate! Dolphin Girl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home