Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Climb back on the horse, the wind is back!!!

Feb. 5, 2008

First things first, I hope everyone had a chance to vote today. We will all read the results in the paper in the morning. When Ruth and I got back, she and Sara decided to make a delicious omelet for lunch. Somewhere around 1 o'clock I felt the wind coming up, so I threw my gear in my car and drove down to the Claremont launch ramp. I saw one kiter out on a white surf board so I figured there might be enough for me too.

I rigged my Rhino 16 because I knew I needed all the kite I could get. I also decided to use my Litewave 69 because it felt a little light. By the time I got my kite in the air I noticed there were 5 kiter's down at Seal, all beyond the pier. The wind was up and things were looking good. I also saw Todd (the big jumper who rides a Naish) was out by the marina entrance. There was wind out there. Let's go baby!!!!

The wind only lasted a little over an hour, but it was fun being back on the "horse." Just in case you come down tomorrow, be ready for the air temp being a little nippy, water temp is cool, and there's a little bit of junk floating on the water. It may take a few days for it to wash down stream.

I took a couple of shots after I changed. See you on the water if you come down tomorrow.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home