Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday was a day of great wind !!!!

We had good wind at Belmont ...FINALLY!!!!

Today started out with Sara, Ruth and I having lunch on the front patio. I could feel the wind coming up but we've been disappointed the past few days, so let's wait. There were plenty of calls and I made a few too. I had no idea where the wind was going to go today. It could go up, down, or both.

I decided to walk down to the beach when I saw Big Mike park his truck on Ocean. Mike and I walked out to the trash can and started rigging. Dan arrived, that was it, "The wind was UP!!!"

The time was right and the wind was right. Let's go kiting!!!!

Oh my gosh, for some of us there was a "Sherpa Award" in progress.

Yeap, she is the winner!!

As usual there were plenty of kiter's that were able to get Friday afternoon off.

As the wind started building Bill and I were ready to have a lot of fun.

Mike Noel and I spent a little time honing his up-wind skills. He's doing great!!

Dan is rigged and ready to go. He hasn't had this kind of wind since our trip to Oahu.

Dimitrii Korionoff grabbed my camera and started taking shots of his TKE bro Dan.

Here's shot two.

Shot thee. Great jumps Dan and great pictures Dimitrii.

Look at those two TKE bros....

Klaus and I did a little adventure to the oil platform twice, but unfortunately the wind was better at Belmont than out in the open ocean. We decided to return home rather than go to Seal. Next good wind.

After we got back there was a little lull. We caught Jim, Klaus, Tony and Todd on the beach.

Todd takes a wind reading. At the time it was blowing about 15 mph.

That was about the time Klaus wanted to try Dan's Best 15. He felt it was a little slow turning.

It was great seeing Kyle chatting with Dave. Kyle has been very busy with his studies lately.

Roberto and Dong were out today too!!

This is the sign of a slow photographer. I missed Dimitrii's jump/spin. Sorry.

At the end of the day Dan reminded me that we were supposed to go out to dinner with Klaus. It's a date........next week Klaus for Oktoberfest OK????????????

I was saved when Ruth's friend Lenny came over and looked at our new bathroom. This is art.

To save myself I took Ruth out to dinner at George's on 2nd Street. It was great.
s
Naturally we had to drop by the candy store for some sweets. I love you honey...

Hope there's wind tomorrow!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home