Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's the end of June and summer is finally here!!

Today is Thursday June 18 and we got an early Father's Day present....WIND.

Early in the day, after Ruth and I had our wonderful Taco Surf lunch, I texted a number of guys that the wind was building. All the conditions felt "RIGHT." When Rijk arrived we decided to walk down to Ocean and check out the scene. Across the street was Mike Noel and Bill Swiskow. They were talking on the wall and were waiting too. After a few minutes Klaus joined us and we waited patiently for the wind to grow.

After a beer we saw Gary on his Best going out, so we decided to grab our gear and head to the beach. Today was going to be very special because Klaus had not been on the water since the "incident" at Lake Izzi. Klaus pumped and I expected that we were going to go through some safety "DO'S and DON'TS." But once his kite was pumped he switched from Jeckle to Hyde and he didn't want to do any safety stuff. He just wanted to head out on the water. Sure Klaus, leave a guy standing there with sand in his face.

A little wrinkle in the day was that I was supposed to meet up with Gabor Vagi and possibly try out his 2nd Jeff Kafka custom race board. This was going to have to wait until Klaus faced his inner demons.

After Klaus got off the beach everyone started arriving, Kyle, Dong, Luca, Steve, Aaron, Mike, Michael and naturally Rijk, Mike, Bill and me.

I don't believe I just did this, but I just erased all the pictures that we took today. F__ing cell phones. Too complicated for us older guys. Too bad because we took some cool beach shots.

That's it!!!! OK now that I've totally p_ssed my self off because I've erased all of the pictures on my cell phone, all but one, and I can't even down-load that one to my SD card, I'm going to bed.

Wait, I was able to send the only picture of the day...here it is.

This shot is in commemoration of Kristin (on the left) of getting out and doing body dragging. Yea baby, we are talking on the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home