Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ruth has a party!!!

April 22nd....It's Earth Day and Ruth wanted to have a party!!! Once a year each woman in her group has a get together at their respective home. This month was Ruth's turn. It was also an opportunity to celebrate two birthdays, Lenni's and Ruth's.

She decided to have a tropical themed evening starting off with Ginger martinis.

Here is Ruth in the kitchen getting everything ready. Doesn't she look calm, cool and collected. But inside is a woman that has been preparing for three days. Nothing will go wrong.

Check out the table setting. Everything is it's place and don't move that fork either.

My job was to serve the martini's and to make sure the evening got off to a good start. Check out my bartender shirt....it's a martini glass. Can't you tell????

My kite buddy Rijk came by to test the ginger martinis too. He wanted to make sure the girls would like them....then he was off to the beach to kite.

The girls have arrived. L-R, Patty, Pat, Lenni, Ruth, Gloria and Judy. Unfortunately Lillian, JJ and Paula could not make it. I poured the first round then I headed down to the beach.

There's Rijk walking up the beach. I got there just in time to help him get his kite down. He got in about an hour and said the wind was up and down. Not that great.

When Rijk and I got back to the house it was just about time to get out of Dodge.

I made one more round of the martinis, took this picture and then Rijk and I were out of there.

Here Ruth is serving her first course. It was an appetizer of Thai chicken lettuce wraps on a bed of butter lettuce....MMMMM.

The main course was Orange Sesame Chicken in parchment with mango salsa, tropical fruit salad, brown rice with pineapple medley. For desert she served chocolate souffles with whipped cream.

As the sunset Rijk and I walked up to Legends to watch the NBA playoffs and pounded a few.

2 Comments:

At April 24, 2009 at 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely party! Thank you again for all of the Easter decorations and goodies.
-Diana

 
At May 18, 2009 at 4:55 AM , Anonymous Francis de Zwart (francisdezwart@hotmail.com) said...

Hey Jim!

How are you and Ruth doing? I'm back again in Holland and Rijk sended me a link to your blog page!

It is very nice to see and read everything that is keeping you and Ruth busy now your semi-retirement ;-).

How are you doing? And I'm looking forward to the update of your blog (the midgetgolf and dinner :-)). Is there a possibilty that I sign up for your blog so that whenever you do an update I receive a message or so?

Give Ruth my best regards and I hope to see you two again someday soon ;-)

XX
Fran
(dutch friend of Rijk)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home