Monday, March 23, 2009

The Clearing Winds Were Over-The-Top

Sunday March 22....the clearing winds came and went, but while they were here it was awesome.

Dan, Jason, Rijk, Mark Strauch and I were there along with a lot of other guys like Kyle, Dong and Chad. Dan rigged his Best 10. Mark rigged his Ocean Rodeo 8 and I rigged my North 12.

As you can see by the wind graph the wind was pretty good until about 1 o'clock, then it really started howling. That's about the time I realized that my 12 was a too big. Jason didn't even rig is 15, neither did Rijk. After a while the only kite that was used was Dan's 10.

This shot was what it felt like...sand everywhere. In your hair, eyes, teeth, ears, everywhere.
The following day, Monday, was a great kite day too. Tuesday.....was OK.

I didn't take any pictures, but on the previous Sunday, the 15th, Dan, Kristin and her friend Michell came to Belmont to do a little kite training. Afterwards we came over to the house for some of Ruth's great home cooking. I did take some shots of that.

After a day on the beach there's nothing like some homemade spaghetti, salad, bread and lots of red wine.

I was one of her assistants that night.

Here are the kite trainers; Michell is in white, Kristin is in grey and Dan...well Dan is Dan.

L-R, Ruth, Bobby, Michell, Dan and Kristin. Unfortunately Rijk had left by this time. Sorry I didn't get a shot of him...Oh well....next time.

The two USC Alums; Dan and Kristin. Everyone seemed to like the spaghetti dinner. I don't think there were any leftovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home