Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The wind is coming back, I feel it!!!!

It seems like Tuesday is starting to be a good day for wind.

It blew last Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I couldn't get out on any of them.

Tuesday???? I must have screwed up because I don't have an excuse. Thursday I had jury duty and Friday I was helping Ruth cook dinner. But Dan and I were there on Saturday and Sunday. But you guessed it, it didn't blow Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Today it blew for about an hour.

Saturday started a little late because the night before was the dual birthday. Check the previous blog. Here Dan and Ruth are making a fantastic breakfast.

Picture perfect. Eggs, bacon, oranges and hot sauce. What else could you want??

To get in the picture!!!! As you can see all I got was a couple of locks of my hair. Bad aim Jim. I don't know about this shot. Dan is uncertain, Ruth doesn't believe I'm taking it and Kristin is the only one posing....other than me...but I'm out of the shot....crap!!! Take two.

Klaus dropped by today to drop off his kite and board. He was hoping to kite on Sunday...sorry Klaus.

On Saturday Matt (L), Todd, Dan and Henry watch as Chad tries to kite. Not enough wind for us.

Chad and his two friends commiserate about the "Not Enough Wind" condition today.

A few minutes later Luca (C) and Rijk showed up. They heard there was wind. Sorry guys, not today....maybe Tuesday.

There was a beautiful sunset today. I don't know about you but I'm ready to start kiting. Come on wind. Below are my first video posts. It's a little limited, but that's OK.

This is the view from our house in La Ventana. Check a few days prior for a still of the house.



This shot starts with Martin and then Dan comes into view. I then followed him until he crashed.

Which reminds me please check out the three video posts that Dan made on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CumR-15T2U&feature=channel, or Google "SoCalkitemonkey."

We viewed the final edit on Friday night, which is 26 minutes long. If you have a chance to see either the DVD or the youtube, I hope you get the sense of how much fun the trip was. Sorry Klaus Dan misspelled "Schulz". Forgive him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home