Friday, December 4, 2009

Thank you for all of your BD wishes...

December 3, 2009

There must have been a little bird out there sending birthday messages because I've never received so many Happy Birthday wishes in my life. Thanks to each of you and to the little bird(s) too.

I hope I don't forget anyone that called, emailed, texted, came by the house or Facebooked me. Thank you Ruth, Dan & Kristin, Sara & Brian, Theresa & Kelly (and my four grandchildren), Robert (and my other five grandchildren), Michael (my younger brother) & Wendy, Spenser, Curtis, Klaus, Rijk, Gabor & Tunde, Joy, Mark & Carole, Michael & Annemarie, Mike & Mandy, Kyle & Elisa, Danny & Bea, Al, Faycal, Bobby, Lenni & Steve, Pat & Terry, Bruce & Elisabeth, Bob C., Charles T., Todd, Fred, Tim & Betty, Sam, Diane D., Diane W., Martin, Francis, James, Richard N., Charles & Teri, Rosemary, Juliano & Juliana, Luca & Monica, Lance, Naji, Gary & Emily, Matt & Alexandra, John Rost, Diana & Joey (and the girls), Stephan & Patricia.

Thank you, thank you....

One of the funniest calls I received was just after I had left Gabor's car and was headed home. My cell rang and I pulled over in the parking lot to answer it. I said "Hi, this is Jim." and the male caller, in a Southern drawl, said something like, "Hello I'm Randy and I own the 69 club down here in Watts and my understanding is you have just turned 69. So you are an automatic member of the 69 club."

It was a combination of "WHAT???" and "HUHHHH???" as the caller kept talking and talking. Just then I picked up a slight hint of a voice I knew and said, "He Tim you can't fool a fooler. I can tell who this is." He laugh and I laughed and then we started shooting the breeze. But it was really funny at the time.

The other thing that was really cute, I pulled up in front of the house later that day and there were the three Infante girls standing on there second story balcony. They called out across the street,"Mister Jim, is it your Birthday today?" I looked up and said, "Why, yes it is." Then they sang a round of "Happy Birthday" complete with "And many more." It was really cute.

Then Dan and Kristin came over and we walked to Bono's on Second Street. A few minutes later Sara arrived.

While we were waiting for my oldest son Robert to arrive, Robert the waiter took our picture. A few minutes later I found out that my son couldn't get away and we had to celebrate without him. Bummer!!!

The 69 toasts started. This was the first and there were "Many, many more."

You've got to have a food shot. Ruth had pasta and I had fish. I think the hand on the right is Sara helping herself to some of my food. We were sharing.

Then came the cards. Some funny.....

...some sentimental. Hey a grown man can cry can't he? Yes, even at my age.

Then the cake. I don't know what I was doing with the "Peace Sign." Or does that mean "I'm two years old?"

Then my bride of 35 years gave me another present, a little kiss to grow on. And then we walked home.

This is my Birthday present, a new Ellis directional board. Notice the "Reserved" sign, it's from Bono's. I can't wait to try the board on the water.

Thanks again everyone. See you on the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home