Friday, November 13, 2009

Wind today, more tomorrow?????

November 13, 2009

I heard the wind chimes today at about noon. But I knew I couldn't do anything right away because I had to drive Ruth to her hair appointment. Radko came by and mentioned that Rijk and his sister were at the beach hanging out. After I dropped off Ruth I swung by Belmont to check out the wind. Radko said, "There goes our wind dummy." I think it was Ruhley getting some air and I ran home to get my gear.

I got back to the beach at about 1 or 1:30. Rijk ran home to get his stuff. Mark Strauch arrived with his friend Mark. "Hi Mark, Hi Mark."

I love this shot. It's about 12:30, and there was one lone kiter on the open bay in Belmont. Let's get rigging, forget taking pictures.

Rijk's sister and her boyfriend were visiting from Holland. Check it out, they thought it was pretty warm at the beach today. I think the temp was about 60. He did enjoy the trainer kite though.

I had to take one last picture as I got ready to go out. Rijk went South to the platform and Mark Strauch and I went North to the pier.

The funny thing was we were not going for an adventure, but when Mark and I were up by La Palapa he said something to me and I took it to mean "Let's go for it." The wind behind Chaffee was really strong. I depowered my 13 and later I learned that Mark was totally depowered. It didn't matter we had a ball going out to the breakwater.

We tried to go to the windward side of White Island but the wind was not cooperating so we had a little fun down winding back to camp. This part was so much fun!!

Here we are, L-R Mark, Rijk and me. Mark went to assist his friend Mark. Rijk drove his sister to the airport and I took more pictures.

Look who showed up at Belmont....Gabor. He said he was out having a ball and he had just come up from Warner Blvd. at Sunset Beach....WOW!!

Gabor made it sound like he was taking a walk in the park, but this was his ride today. What an animal.

Away Gabor goes on his Jeff Kafka directional board. See you tomorrow Gabor.

Todd is on the left watching Dan pumping his new EH "Eze" 13. He loved it because it had less bar pressure and more low end grunt. Todd has an EH too.

Dan hasn't been on the water for the past few weeks because he contracted Shingles also. Today he's feeling good and ready to go.

I wasn't ready to take a bunch of pictures so Dan had to be patient with me. He had to make a few passes while I dumped off some pictures from the chip.

I promised Dan I would figure out how to use the multi-shot feature so I can get the apex of the jump.

Right now, as we start thinking about La Ventana, a lot of things are on my mind and it's not taking pictures. It's getting in shape to kite for two weeks.

I think the funniest thing is Dan wanted more "Good" pictures. Hey these aren't chopped liver.

I'm actually glad I caught a few good shots. Here's his board grab.

I just remembered that there were three of our windsurfing buddy's on the water today, Radko, Danny and Christopher. I don't know who that is on the left.

Here is Joy going port. We sure miss seeing her and the whole Kitesurfari gang. Tomorrow they are holding a kite demo at Belmont. Come on down.

Thank god he finally got tired and came in. He told me later that he had a turkey in the oven back in Redondo Beach and had to go. But he will be back for the demo tomorrow.

As we came to the end of this "GIFT" day, we naturally want a repeat tomorrow. I will be ready with a clean camera chip and hope we see you on the beach.

Notice: Lost kite board. Our friend Michael D. could not find his board today. He lost it somewhere between the Claremont ramp and the rocks to the East. If someone found a board please contact me at 562-505-5563. Thanks, Jim.

1 Comments:

At November 14, 2009 at 5:38 AM , Blogger canucck said...

Great blog! I love the pictures and the perspective on what I am missing when I am stuck at work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home