Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday there were clearing winds

Tuesday October 13 there were clearing winds.

Last week I didn't get back to Long Beach until about 4 o'clock. I noticed that it was windy and raining so I pulled out on the Granada launch ramp, grabbed my camera and took a few shots.

I never know how accurate the ikitesurf wind graphs are but you can see at 4 o'clock that it had been blowing since 10 a.m. and didn't quit until the sensor shut down.

When I went out to catch some action the most unbelievable thing was seeing the clouds.

You could almost hear what these people were saying, "What are those guys doing, kite boarding in the rain?" Why not!!!

Check out the direction, they are tacking from Belmont towards the Long Beach docks.

Normally the wind at Belmont comes from West/South/West. Today the wind came from the South/East.

Fortunately the Long Beach Lifeguards were on duty in case there were any done kiters.

How freaky is this shot. Look how big that CMA container ship in the background looks huge or the kiter looks very small. Either way it's an interesting shot.

At the end of the day the clouds still dominated the sky. I can't wait for more clearing winds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home