Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sunday, Sept. 20th, S.M. Family Outing

Sunday, Sept. 20th, a family outing in Santa Monica to say hello to my niece Amelia, who came all the way down from Oregon on her way to New Zealand.

Wait a minute, the family outing will have to wait a little while. I had to walk over and take pictures of this huge kite assortment. A gentleman by the name of Wayne "The Kite Man" puts up this display of kites he has collected all over the world.

Then I had to take a walk on the beach. This is looking South.

This is looking North. Ruth and I lived in Santa Monica for about 25 years and this was the first time to the beach in about 6 years. Not much has changed.

Here is the "Corbett Camp." No trash can, just an E-Z-Up. But what was here, other than shade, was the food. This was a pot luck lunch for my niece Amelia who was passing through Los Angeles and would be in New Zealand and Australia for the next two months.

My youngest daughter, Sara, standing in the back, is the one who put the whole day together. Great job Sara!! Robert is on the right, Dan is thinking about something and Kristin is next to him. What a shot.....NOT

My niece Amelia is second from the right. On the right is my niece Tania. On the far left is Gerri, Tania's grandmother. To her right is Tania's daughter Victoria and her friend from school.

My oldest son Robert (on the right) was showing my brother Mike and his oldest son Spenser his street bike. He also has mountain bikes too.

Dan, my youngest son, gave my "little" brother Mike some kite flying lessons.

Then Dan got his older brother Robert to fly the kite. Mike's youngest son Curtis waited his turn.

Next Brian, Sara's boyfriend, got the hang of it as Mike and Jason looked on.

Jason, being a veteran kiter, helped out with the relaunches. What a guy.

Then there was the all important family posing session. I think there were three cameras. This was only one of the shots. More to come.

Everyone had a great time. Thank you Sara for putting it together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home