Thursday, September 3, 2009

No wind, no wind, no wind....and some pictures

Today is Thursday September 3rd. There has been little or no wind for many days. We look back on a few previous days....like eight days ago.

Back on August 26th there was wind. At least a little.

Check it out, this is what has been happening for days. Today was not different.

Rudy was one of the first on the water today. OK, in just a minute I'm going to put my camera down....not yet. Just a few more.

Look at the air Rudy got today. Later he said the gusts were boosting him to some nice heights.

I don't know for sure who this is, but I'm sure he was on a Naish kite.

And then the wind shut off.

So we had a little celebration. Raul, the guy in the center, just returned from Israel. Welcome back to Belmont.

You can tell after a few beers that things go straight down hill. This is what happens when there is no wind.

Today is Thursday August 27th......

As you can see the wind comes up and the wind goes down. Today was no different.

Here Juliano pumps in a hurry trying to get out before the wind dies.

This is the frustrating part, the wind taunts us to go out but sometimes there isn't quite enough.

I think there was one cool shot I got today. A Navy ship was coming out of the ship yard and was passing a sail boat and approaching the oil platform. No wonder that platform looks so big when we go out there.

At one point the wind shifted side-shore and Raul was able to get out. Remember guys he's around 150 pounds.

This afternoon Ruth went to Lake Gregory with a few of her friends. I drove here Corvette to Hollywood to work and when I got back it was time to take a boat ride with Steve Nichols and a few of our friends.

From left to right, on the bridge of Steve's boat, is Terry, Steve and Walt.

I couldn't believe it, I took a shot of Belmont Shore from Steve's boat and I just happen to catch our street. It looks cool from out to sea.

It was a lot of fun because we went in the marina and drove around checking out the houses and other boats.

As we headed back to Steve's slip the sun was starting to set.

The sunset over the water is very magical. You are gliding over the water, under power and everything in the world is fantastic.

As we pulled into his slip the sunset created a wonderful sight with all of those masts in the air. I cant wait for another trip in his boat.

Today is Thursday September 3rd and my oldest daughter and her family arrive in about 14 hours. It's time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home