Thursday, August 20, 2009

Great wind, a few problems, but great dinner.

Today I knew we were going out with Rijk and Klaus tonight so I couldn't be out on the water too long, so when the wind started coming up I headed for the beach. I got there at 2:30.

When I got there "Litewave Dave" was there showing Peter how to power and de-power the demo kite. I think he took out a GK 15.

I snagged a shot of Luca pumping. We both wanted to get out there. The wind was good.

I was about to go out and Luca got a shot of me. What's that on my face?

Just before I went out I got a shot of Rudy and Todd going starboard. Now I'm putting the camera down and going out. I should get a water-proof camera....someday.

I decided to head for the oil platform and asked Luca if he wanted to go. He passed. I went and when I got to the entrance to the marina I found it was really choppy, so I turned around. While returning I crashed. I tried to body drag back to my board but the waves were not kind to me. Each pass I made I was getting more separated from my board. Just then the lifeguard boat was speeding from the marina to its mooring spot at Chaffee Island. I whistled and waved, but they kept going. "CRAP **##//". Just when I thought it was all over and it was going to be a long swim back they turned around and came back, and grabbed my board. I yelled out "Thanks guys" and headed home for a beer. We are so lucky to have such great service and guards here.

I said "Enough of this twin tip stuff" and I grabbed the surfboard. That was Strike Two. All I took was one tack and my kite popped out of my hand. The line broke where it attaches to the bar. Man I was SO lucky that it didn't happen in the middle of the channel. Dave came over and dragged me to the beach. Hey, at least I got in about an hour and a half.

A few minutes later Rijk showed up and gave me a hand untangling the lines. Now I just need to fix the bar tomorrow.

In the mean time Rudy was doing some fancy trick close to the beach when we heard his kite hit the water. BAM. He couldn't relaunch it so as the wind blow him to shore his kite and lines wrapped around the yellow buoy. Luca ran over and helped him.

Unfortunately there was a strike two for Rudy too. A stingray "kissed" him on the top of his foot. Mitch called for a "taxi" and he went over and put his foot in the hot water for a while.

Just then I looked over and saw Kyle pulling off a trick in the "pond." But he missed it. By the time I grabbed my camera he had hurt his ankle. He was done.

But I did catch Dave going uh-hooked and....

Rulley did a "board-off." They did great considering they were doing tricks in 4 inches of water.

It was time to call it a day since Klaus had now arrived and I still had to go home and clean up before we went out to celebrate his new car purchase.

This is the wind graph for today. It was really good.

As we walked home we saw a young lady doing some yoga moves. Sure I could do that???

Part one of tonight's celebration was Klaus's Cash for Clunker purchase and the part two was that Rijk got his first check. Klaus and Rijk now work together.

What a gentleman. I'm finally ready, so here we go for a ride in his VW Passat CC. We still don't know what CC means, but I know one thing Klaus loves to drive fast. I accused him of driving like Michael Schumacher, the Formula One driver.

We got a great booth in the bar of BJ's right in front of a huge Panasonic flat screen. It was the biggest I've ever seen. Then the drinks and food started coming. It was a fun time.

It was time to get the two hard working guys to bed since they wake up at 6 A.M.. Klaus took the 405 to the 22 freewat to take us home. I've changed my mind, I think he drives like Mario Andretti. REALLY REALLY FAST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home