Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shingles, I thought it's part of a roof.

The morning after the down-winder to Huntington I mentioned to Ruth that I had a rash on my right shoulder. She took one look and said, "We need to see a doctor." "What, it's only a rash." She said, "It doesn't look like a rash to me."

So we grabbed some reading material and we sat in the dermatologist office for an hour or so until we were worked in to Dr. Gammer's schedule.

Once in the patients waiting room, I sat there thinking I was going to get some salve. When Dr. G entered the room and saw my rash he took out his 35mm camera, took a picture and said, "This is a classic case of Shingles." "What??? Huh??? Me????"

When I left his office I had perscriptions for four medicines and was ordered to bed. He said, "Think of it as though you have a virus. No sun, no alcohol, stay in bed, drink plenty of water and lots of rest." "Doc, I just did a fun down-winder and now I want more." "Sorry Jim."

Ok, how did I spend the day? I started out by watching the Tour de France this morning at 6 A.M., followed by watching Fox News, a little on-line computer time, then a Dodger baseball game and some more computer time. This day went by REALLY SLOW. I also had no idea Vin Scully called the entire baseball game my himself. I thought there were other guys that helped him out. I guess not, maybe they are all dead. Who know?

Don't look unless you have a strong stomach.

I know this looks terrible but here it is in person, "Introducing Mr. Shingles." Yuck...

Ok, it's back to bed and more news, then the Tonight Show.

I think tomorrow I'll get some movies.

I can't wait until this is over. The doctor said it could last many days, even weeks.
Oh crap!! I'll forget everything I know.....Man, why me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home