Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Friday, July 3rd, Kristin gets up

OK, I've taken a few days off, now it's time to catch up on the blog.

This was the view of the beach today, July 3rd. It was blowing and it promised to be a great day.

We are so lucky to have a lifeguard like Mitch at Belmont. Here he is keeping an eye on the beach and on us.

As the wind starting to come up the kiters gather at Belmont.

There was a throng of kiters today that included my youngest son Dan showing his wares. How does he do this? I think he calls this trick a "One Off."

Always a delight on a windy day is Faycal Ferhat. I caught so many of his big air jumps that I asked Ruth to help me select one to publish. She liked it because of the North kite in the back.

Juliano, Dan and Rijk took a ride down to Seal to do a little kiting. An adventure that Juliano missed out on yesterday when his kite inverted.

Today marked another first, Dan's girlfriend Kristin, who has been taking kiting lessons with Hank Sanchez (naishkiter@sbcglobal.net) is on the water. Look at that great form.

Wow, look at that girl go. She can chalk this up as her first down-winder.

Here is Hank and Kristin walking up the beach back towards the middle guard tower. I think she's hooked.

I had to leave the beach early and get back to the house to continue getting ready for the Fourth of July BBQ. More to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home