Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Police practice, kiting and eating

Tuesday was chocked full of excitement. It started by hearing the police helicoptor flying overhead. Around and around. So Ruth and I followed the noise to the Claremont ramp to see what was going on.

Here the three police officers set up the plan to drop them in the water.

As I moved closer to take these pictures the lifeguard truck approached me and instructed me to move.

So I joined Ruth at the lifeguard tower and used the zoom lens to get closer shots.

I think I forgot to mention that I got my Canon camera back today. Lucky me. Here the three officers are preparing to jump.

I wish I had remembered to use the multiple-shot setting to catch the three jumping from the heli. Oh well, you get the idea.

The wind was up so the next thing we did was rig. Rijk, Juliano and I were going to go to Seal but about half way there my right binding screw gave way and I had to return to camp to grab another board. By this time Rijk was long gone to Seal.

Once I got my other board Juliano and I set out for the platform. The water was pretty rough out there so we headed for the pier. As we passed Chaffee island Juliano waved good bye. The overcast and wind made him cold.
In the mean time I decided to go to the pier, then the back of Chaffee and then try to get to the windward side of White island. Everything was going great except the wind started dying as I was getting close to White. When I reversed direction and was heading back towards Chaffee I noticed there was only one kiter in the middle of the bay. A guy flying a green Naish.
I said to myself, "Hmm, I hope I can make it back." So I swung my kite and tried to down-wind all the way back to Belmont. I made one transition but was happy to make it back.
When I got back to camp I looked out behind Chaffee and I think I saw Gabor out there racing back and forth. He's good and he's got a great up-wind board. One of these days Gabor.

Here's my attempt at a picture of our outdoor dinner. Ruth did it again. Thank you honey, it was delicious. And it was great seeing Sara too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home