Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael Jackson, seven, kite

It's Sunday night and by this time everyone has gone to bed. But I just happen to record the BET Awards tonight and decided to watch them because I had heard there was going to be a tribute to Michael Jackson. This is just the first of many that are going to chronicle his life, but it was interesting how they put their spin on him. I did enjoy looking back on this huge stars life because I had an opportunity to work with him twice. We will all miss this incredible talent.

The wind was quite high at 11:30 or so. Klaus, Dong and Aaron were among the first on the water. The wind was so strong that he used his 10. Later he used his 14.

We knew from yesterday that it was going to be hot so I brought more chairs and the good ol' umbrella. I pulled Michael's kite over so the cool wind would blow over the camp. Double click on the picture and you can see Dong and Klaus resting from their high wind session.

Klaus, and Alice were playing around on the beach and I happen to catch it. This might be a good time to mention that most of the pictures are from Klaus's camera. Mine's not back from the repair shop yet.

We had entertainment again today. This time from Winning Our World (wowjam.com), a christian group that comes to Long Beach an annual baptism. I liked the music and the sermon. Can't wait to see what we're going to get next weekend...July 4th.

Shots of kiters on the water never captures how cool it is to look out there and have 30 to 40 kites on the water. One of these days we'll get a shot from the water. A much better angle.

Alice is one of about 6 new female kiters that grace Belmont. In just a few weeks they have all improved and I think I heard Alice is now jumping. You Go Girl!!!

Now that the wind has come down a little Klaus talked Rosemary into trying his Bandit 14. I think she was back up on her board again. Sometimes it's baby steps.

Even our windsurfing friends got a little time on the water today. Radko is getting that jibe down. And water starts, no problem.

Klaus grabbed his camera and took a couple shots of me on the Becker. I body drag because of the stingrays. I didn't want my afternoon ruined.

I guess there is one little trick in getting up. Having your feet positioned on the board and having the board facing in the direction you want to go. Then it's just a matter of "Dropping The Hammer" and away you go.

On a day like today sometimes it takes a while to get everything under control. You've got to get the kite powered up, your weight in the right place and edge the board.

What was fun about today was I was able to pull on an down-wind jibe.

I'm back on the beach and ready for a cold one. I'm going to get this if it kills me. Thanks Klaus for taking the pictures today.

End of another fantastic day at the beach. Hope to see you all very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home