Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday must mean wind

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Today was recovery from the baseball game, got a blood test for the Neurologist and blog about the baseball game. Then the wind came up. Get on the cell phone and start texting, then get my stuff together for the beach. The time 2:15 P.M. Got to go!!!

As you can see it looked pretty good. Too bad I didn't react faster to Mike Noel's text. He said at 12:30 that he had that "wind feeling." He was right.

Robert and Kitesurfari took a few day off. End of summer rest, but HE'S BACK!!!

And he brought with him "Stringray Club" t-shirts. Ruth couldn't wait to check the box "More than that." She loves it. Great job Robert and the Kitesurfari team.

It's now about 2:45 and the wind is up. Shoot a couple of shots and hit the water.

As I turned my camera towards the water Raul, one of the new instructors for Robert, is getting some great air. BTW where is he looking??? Double click on the picture to get a better view.

Mike Noel is off and running too. He's got that kite and board dialed in today, but had to leave early for work. BOO HOO, sorry Mike.

Dan had a chance to go out on Klaus's North. I think he liked it.

I went out on Matt's big F-One directional. I still don't know how to jibe it. Thanks Klaus for the shot.

This is where I warmed up. I thought of going to Seal but wanted to go with Rijk, Klaus or Dan, but that didn't work out. It was still a lot of fun.

Then I had a little fun with Arnaud Vuillermet, who has a lot of course racing experience. He was riding his Jeff Kafka race board (http://www.wowkite.com/boards.htm). They are fast. Up-wind Arnaud was much faster than I was, but down wind I pretty much stayed with him. He still beat me. That was fun.

Arnaud is on the left and Klaus on the right. They are both fast on the water.

Unfortunately Dan got to the beach a little late. He grabbed Klaus's Bandit Dos 14 and had a little fun. I love this back light thing, OK he is my son.

The end of another day at Belmont. We have been lucky for the past few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home