Friday, October 2, 2009

The end of September and October begins

Monday September 28th

After yesterday, anything wind would be nice. Not much but OK to kite.

Tuesday September 29th
We got out for a little while but I had to warp my stuff up around 4 in order to drive up to Hollywood. I was almost there when I called the studio manager to tell him I was going to be there in about 15 minutes and he said "Didn't you get my message? The show was postponed until tomorrow." Oh man I swung that little Honda around and got back on the freeway for the drive home. Oh the traffic at 6 o'clock...STUPID!!!!!

Wednesday September 30th
Last day of September, Wednesday the 30th

We got out today. I started texting at around 2 o'clock that it could happen today, and it did.

Mark, Dong, Trevor, Dan, Michael, Rijk and I showed up and got a little. Radko and Christopher were there holding up the windsurfing banner, "We are not dead yet!" Just kidding guys, we love you. As a matter of fact Radko currently waiting for his new RRD board. In the mean time he has become a pretty good Sherpa. He launched me twice.

At one point Dan and I switched kites. I took his Wainman and he took my F-One. He liked mine and I said his 12 turned really fast. Check them out at www.wainmanhawaii.com. We had a great time. Omar said he went to Sunset and got skunked.

I had to wrap up my stuff at around 6 P.M. to drive up to Hollywood, again. I was scheduled to mix some projects for the G4 channel. It's called "Human Wrecking Ball." A crazy show about 2 brothers that smash things with their bare handed. g4tv.com/humanwreckingballs/index.html

Thursday October 1st
Can you believe it, it's October 1st. Man does time fly. Next thing you know it's going to be December and we will be in LaVentana for two weeks. Oh yeah!!!
It was Santa Ana conditions today. Very hot and not much wind. I saw three kites pumped but didn't see anyone on the water. I ran into Steve Metz in the parking lot and he said he got out around 1 o'clock. You should check out his web site, www.earthspoweryoga.com. I could do that yoga stuff if you give me about a year or so. What do you think Steve could I get there???
I went to Costco today while I was waiting for the wind to come up and when I came over the first bridge I saw a stand-up paddle boarder gliding past Mothers Beach. I worked my way over to the parking lot and ran over to the railing and just caught this shot of Mark Strauch gliding by. I didn't dare yell because I thought it might scare him and he would fall off the board. He came over afterwards for a beer and we had a good laugh. We might go out tomorrow SUPing.
After work Klaus and Rijk came over to the house. So did Mark. Klaus brought some cheese and Ruth toasted some bread, Rijk opened the beer and we had a ball telling different "jokes." One was that not that Klaus and Rijk taught Ruth to say some bad words in German, she now figures that she knows three languages.

All that aside the sunset was quite beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home