Sunday, September 27, 2009

24,NO. 25, NO. 26, Missed it. 27...WE GOT WIND TODAY

Sept. 24....NO WIND TODAY



Sept. 25....no wind today, either!!!!




I saw someone pumping and thought maybe today.....NAHHHH!!!!
The skate boarder and a boat got some....not us.


Saturday Sept. 26....A LITTLE WIND, BUT WE MISSED IT


I saw the wind coming up and was very optimistic. I texted a few people and we met at the beach.

I felt the wind coming up and headed for the beach. I should have been a little faster because everyone was walking up the beach as I arrived at 3 o'clock I missed it. Those that got there early got about an hour.

Chad (in blue shorts) is expressing his sadness about getting skunked. Chloe, Dong (hidden by Chad), Kyle, Al (hidden by Kyle) and Jeff all wanted a little wind on Saturday, but no way.

In the mean time Al Navas entertained us at the camp by doing a head stand. Pretty good Al.

The one person that did have some fun Saturday was Alexandra. As you can see on the wind graph the wind come back at about 5 and lasted for a little while. When it did come up Matt got out his Best Waroo 7 sq. meter kite, and rigged it for his wife. The wind was blowing about 15 mph and Alexandra had the time of her life sand dragging and being pulled all over the place.

They dropped over to the house afterwards and shared the story of her flying the bigger kite. She said "My heart was pounding out of my chest. It was so exciting." Welcome to the club. We have an new, pumped up woman kiter. You go girl.

Sunday Sept. 27, WE GOT SOME WIND, WE GOT PICTURES & WE CELEBRATED!!

Today Ruth and I drove to the Farmer's Market, then to Ralph's and then home. After I parked I felt the wind coming up, saw a yellow kite on the water and made a dash for the garage. Then headed for the beach.

Klaus and Radko were already at the beach and Juliano was just getting his stuff out of his car. We all started pumping and rigging because there was already one kiter on the water and we didn't want to miss a minute.

This shot of Trevor Nelson was taken by his mother Peggy. Great shots Peg! Trev got some great air, as we all enjoy "Winter Rules" at Belmont.

Great extension. He must have been a gymnast. What do you think???

I don't know how Peggy got this shot but the framing is fantastic.

Another great moment....frozen in time.

Hey, you're not learning unless you're crashing.

Peggy was nice enough to catch Klaus out on his North directional. Looking cool.....

And me going port too. Thanks mom, but too bad you didn't catch my one and only jibe. Bummer. Hope you bring your mom and her camera more often Trev.

It was family day for the Nelson family. Here mom catches Trevor and his beautiful wife Sarah on the beach. Behind the camera is his mother Peggy and dad Rich. What a family!!!!

Klaus, Juliano, Trevor and I were out the entire time until the wind dropped off. I wanted to stay but when I asked Charles what time it was and he said 5 o'clock. Man I have to jam, then I asked Rijk to rush over to the house because someone was picking up an old mattress and the guy had to get it in his pick-up truck by himself

By the time I got there Dan (the new mattress owner) was about to drive off. I just missed all the fun because Ruth and Dan put it in and tied it down. Dan was a happy camper. Thanks for filling in honey.

Klaus said he was hungry so Ruth and Rijk whipped up something in the kitchen. Actually they had prepared it last night, but Klaus was too tired from all the work so he went to bed early and slept for 10 hours. But he didn't miss tonight's meal. It was tostadas with steak and chicken and all the fixings.

While in the kitchen Ruth made a beautiful concoction for us. It was fresh watermelon, vodka, watermelon schnapps, and cointreau. Mmmmm. The first toast was to the two chefs. The second was to Klaus and myself for such a great day on the water. We are really starting to enjoy the directionals. I pulled off my first jibe. Well almost. I fell when I tried to put my back foot in. The day was a lot of fun. It also included a few very hard hand slaps. OUCH!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home