Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dan got a new kite

Friday October 23....a real tease.


Friday I was very optimistic that the wind was going to blow.

At 2:45 I packed my gear, grabbed a cooler full of beer and headed for the beach. The time stamp on this shot was 2:50.

There were a few of us that wanted wind today. But it shut off just about the time I got there.

It was about this time that everyone showed up. Yes my texting worked, but sorry there was no wind. Rijk, Klaus, Mark and Dan arrived about the same time, but Dan brought something very special. He had just purchased an new EH "Ovando" 13m kite from Roberto at SevenSins Kiteboarding. Here Dan was taking it out of the bag.....first time. Oh the "NEW" smell!!!

Dan and Klaus got right to work. Dan pumped and Klaus stretched out the lines. "We don't need no stinking instructions." Check it out at http://7sinsports.blogspot.com/

Dan at this point was doing all the work. We were just watching.

Dan loved this shot of the three black kites. Now Klaus is going to have to spray his Bandit Dos black too. Rijk launched it but there wasn't much wind.

Klaus took over the camera and I tried to help Dan get it up in the air.

Doesn't it look great. I can't wait to try it out but Dan took it home. I think he was affraid I would ride it when he wasn't around.

Now the wind was really dead.....time for a beer.

So we all huddled under Klaus's kite and he kept taking pictures.

Then Dan had to put his new toy away....at least until it blows next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home