Saturday, October 24, 2009

Monday, Tuesday we had wind, and Gabor visits

Monday October 19....we had some wind

Granted there was only about 1 1/2 to 2 hours but at least there was some wind to talk about. I was able to get out but there weren't many kiters.

Tuesday October 20....there was a lots of wind




Here is a shot of Radko as he was rigging today. He came by the house about 1 and said he hoped it would blow today. He was right on the money.

We got to the beach at about 2 o'clock when I got this shot of a kiter "performing" for a party boat that was cruising the bay.

On further evaluation I noticed it was Hank Sanchez. It looked like he was having a lot of fun out there with the party people. Its actually been a while since I've seen Hank.

As the wind started picking up I had to put down the camera and get to rigging. I didn't want to miss anything. Naturally I had to text a few people that the wind was picking up.

Even though I don't have a Coast Guard radio yet, I decided to go out by the breakwater and to try to get to the windward side of White Island. It's been while so I just wanted to do it.

All of a suddon out of the blue I saw Klaus heading towards me. He had come around Chaffee from the other side and there he was. It was great seeing him out there. We dropped in the water and I said "Let's go kite with Rijk." We had seen him near Seal.

We tried to get around the wind shadow of Chaffee but discovered the wind was dropping fast. We tried to get back but the tip of my kite touched the water, then it turned in-side-out and that was it. I was done.

While I rolled up my lines Klaus was able to keep his kite in the air, then he pulled me into shore. By the time we got to the beach Rijk and Mark had time to walk down and help me back to base camp. Not only that but Rijk brought three beers too.

Here they are "My Hero's." Mark, Klaus and Rijk. I owe you a big one.

Mark couldn't come over but we had a good laugh over the rats nest that my kite lines were in. Rijk stayed for the baseball game which gave us a chance to straighten up the lines. There was no wind the next day so it didn't matter anyway.

Here's a close up of the rats nest.

Thank you Klaus, Rijk and Mark. Friends forever.

Wednesday October 21....Gabor comes for a visit


It was about 4 o'clock and I felt the wind coming up a little. I had to go to the beach and rig my kite to make sure everything was working after I had that rats nest of a bar yesterday.

As you can see at 4 things were looking pretty good.

Just then a surprise visitor came by Belmont from Seal Beach. Yes, Gabor Vagi is back in town. He waved but I missed it.

It was a quick little visit and he was off. Just like the Lone Ranger he called out "HI HO Silver, Away." and the masked man disappeared from Belmont.....well almost.

All Gabor wanted to do is jump over these rocks and land in Seal....BUT...

he got close. Unfortunately the wind was dying. I was amazed that he was able to stay up.

Gabor did make it in. I was going to have someone watch my stuff and I was going to run down and give him a ride back to Seal but my friend Mark said he would go pick him up. That was so nice and they both have a Prius. It was like a love fest.

Come on wind. Give us a day like yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home