Monday, June 16, 2008

Friday is a 10 !!!!!

I'm going to try and get all this down at one sitting. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Let's start with Friday since it was fantastic because it was a 10. As you can see from the wind graph that the wind started about 11 and just kept climbing until 5 and then just dropped a little until after 6.

I tried to get to the beach early but I don't think I got there before noon. By the time I got my cart to the camp I was going back and forth about what kite to rig. The 16, the 12? The 16 the 12? So I rigged the 16 and by the time I got it pumped I knew I made the wrong choice. So I put sand on it and ultimately rigged my Rhino 12.

For a Friday afternoon there were a lot of guys out today. I think that ikitesurf.com has a lot of subscribers because they all got the message that it was blowing big time today.

Dan and Juliano were going out to enjoy the wind.

I love this shot of Dong. Look at his intensity that's why he is so good, his concentration.

When Ruth came down to the beach she grabbed the camera and took some shots. Hey I like pictures of myself too.

Strange, Bill didn't have a lesson today and was able to got a little time on the water too.

Wow Dan is starting to get those transitions down. I wish I had a picture of his 180 Ollie's. They look good. Also he's starting to get some pretty good jumps too.

Klaus was feeling pretty good on Friday. We not only did a number of synchronized turns together but went out to the oil platform just for a little fun.

At one point I saw Faycal jumping like crazy. So I came in and took a few shots. I think he was getting some shots of his own too.

My shot of the day was Faycal doing this great jump. Don't worry one of these days I'm going to get into movies and you can see some of his jumps from beginning to end.


After all this time here is Juliano and Dan still kiting. Those kids never quit.

Today was one of the longest days of kiting. We starting around noon and here we are after 6 and there's still a bunch of kites out. Don't they get tired????

At the end of the day there were a lot of "Happy Campers", L-R Bill, Matt, Dan, "Beach Mom" Ruth, Juliano, , me and Klaus up front.

After kiting we went over to Ruth's brothers house for some great eating. L-R Liz, Ruth Randy, Sara, Brian, Dan and the cameraman.

1 Comments:

At June 26, 2008 at 8:09 PM , Blogger windwalkerphotos said...

Hi there, my name is Jack McGee and I have a web site called http://www.windwalkerphotos.com/ I have taken many photos of Faycal,Dong, Klaus, Naji and Kyle Check it out. I've meet Faycal,Kyle and Klaus your group seems like a great group of guys. I am local Kiter and have lived in the Shore for 15 years. I Kite in the area that's called the hole!!! because I just happen to live there. I like it because I usually have it all to myself. Anyway, a friend turned me on to your blog sooooo i thought i would drop you a line.

Nice pictures Jack McGee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home