Monday, June 2, 2008

Wind for five days running

Sunday was a special day. It was warm, the wind came up and today there were a lot of friends that came to Belmont to kite.
Juliano, Luca, Monica, Mike, Mark, Dan, Jason, Steve, Klaus, Joe, Joel, Henry, Bobby, Dong, Kyle, Al, Chad, John, Omar, Rudy (Bongo), Jorge, Gary, Yoris, Faycal, Will, and Naji. Rijk was here yesterday but had to work today. Sorry if I have forgotten anyone.
I have yet to find a way to capture the colors and excitement of 30 to 40 kiters out on the water. This is the best I can do today.

Dan and his new friend Steve are going to take his training to the next level, get on the board.
In the mean time Jason, Dan's cousin, is out on his new Best board. His 15 looks like the right choice today. Look how strong his port reach is. To think he was struggling with it a week ago.

After getting Steve on the water Dan grabbed his 15 and went out too. He's rippin'.

This is a whole new look for Rudy. I think he's added the helmet because he's pushing the envelope on his tricks.

Mighty Joe Walker is going starboard on his Best Waroo Pro. He's powered up too.

Omar has been using his short surfboard lately. He's really able to get up-wind.

I didn't get Dong doing any tricks, but I did catch him going back out after he was ready to go home, when the wind died.

Klaus wanted a few shots of him up-close, so I waded out and took some. Hope you like them? Don't tell the lifeguards we were kiting in the swim zone, still "Winter Rules."

Jason had a few minutes rest so he grabbed a shot of me.

Take a look at this shot, it's Arnaud Vuillermet on a special racing board passing this power boat. Ok, maybe the boat wasn't going pedal to the metal but Arnaud, flying his F-1 kite, was.

With the wind coming back stronger Dan rigged his 13 and went out again.

I hope this group shot of Mike, Klaus, Mark and John says it all, "What a GREAT day of kiting."


Sunday night was the SCKA meeting at our house. Sorry I was a little late honey. I did the best I could with the wind still blowing. Kiss, kiss, hug, hug. :)
P.S. Thanks Al for bringing the flowers. It made everything "NICE."

1 Comments:

At June 4, 2008 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Connally said...

cool pics!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home