Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Be careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!!!

Today was unbelievable, awesome and gnarly all within 6 hours.

I went up on the third floor sun deck around 11:30 when I heard the wind blowing and shot this picture. I'm guessing it was blowing about 18 mph and there were already two kiter's on the water.

As I pushed my cart towards the Claremont ramp I saw the Naish flag blowing and wondered how the paint job was on Al's new Hummer. Got paint??????

As I started rigging I naturally gravitated toward my Rhino 12 and that was the right decision.

The next to arrive was Omar (center), Bart (left) and Juliano (right). Everyone was moving fast because they didn't know how long the wind was going to last.

Dong was already out on the water and really cranking.

I was amazed that these three girls had the moxie to hang in there and get their sun tan.

Dan saw this on the internet and pulled off his first sand/beach start. Nice!!

Dan went out on a starboard tack and joined quite a few other kiter's on the water.

Sit back and view a few great jumps I was able to capture.





It was really impressive seeing some of the air and tricks that guys were pulling off today.

Juliano checked the wind because it was always changing.

At one point I think the wind was gusting over 30 mph.

Dan was having no problem getting up wind on his new board.

Unbelievable, Klaus was out the entire day on his 16. How does he do it? German engineering. At one point he and I went beyond the island twice. I have the movie in my head, want to see it?

Another great time on the water. What a day.

An end of the day pose. L-R, Burt, Omar, Dan, Juliano and Klaus. I think it's time to take a beer break and start recuperating. Today was more than anyone had dreamed of.

At the end of the day this was the ikitesurf readout. What it doesn't show are the sore muscles that some us have from such a long session,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home