Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wednesday April 30....Weird wind direction today

Dimitrii called me this morning around 9 to see if I was going out today because the wind was up. I said I had some things planned for the morning but maybe later.

At about 1, when I saw Joe Walker's kite flying at the end of Claremont ramp I had to check it out. When I got there a few things hit me right off; the wind was coming out of the South West, almost from the oil platform. The second was it was not very warm, a little on the cool side. I guess the past few days has spoiled me. I love those 80 degree sunny days.

Then I noticed Chad Belteau arriving. I guess he was able to swing the afternoon off.

Chad's working that kite a lot because out on the water there wasn't much wind. Check his port reach, he's going West South West, heading for the port. That direction is pretty rare at Belmont.

Joe tries to follow but is not able to stay up-wind very far and returned pretty quick. Bummer.

Chad returns to the beach. Even with his big board and big kite there wasn't much fun to be had.

When I returned home I noticed some visitors had dropped by to see the two parrots. We have an African Grey and a Macaw and they attract a lot of attention with their whistles and noises. That's a vintage 1913 Ford Model T. What great condition for being 85 years old.

The owner had mentioned that he had entered "The Great Race" a number of times but discovered old cars end up needing a lot of maintenance and TLC in order to just finish, much less win.

Come on, when was the last time you saw someone hand crank an automobile. That was cool.

They were off on their return trip down PCH to Bolsa Chica. He said the Model T is his main transportation. I wonder if he was pulling my leg.

At the end of the day when I went down for my sunset shot I noticed a model, the photographer and an assistant (holding the reflector) down catching some shots using the beautiful rays and colors of the sun. I was wearing a jacket, I wonder if the model was cold?????

Maybe tomorrow there will be some wind. I know one thing, it's got to be better than today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home