Friday, April 18, 2008

I am happy, I have my North bar back!!!

This afternoon when the wind started coming up at Belmont, I started getting my kite stuff together to walk down to the beach. I remembered talking to Klaus yesterday and he asked me to called if the wind came up. I called him and he happened to be looking for a parking spot.

I immediately started walking down to the "camp" and saw that Klaus was just ahead of me. He was pumping up as I got my stuff out. I was pumping up my leading edge when I heard Klaus yell out, "I found your bar, YOUR BAR." I ran over to his rigging spot, grabbed my bar and gave him a big hug. I was elated.

When we calmed down he figured when we were at Sunset last Friday he first put his bar in it's normal spot with his kite. Then he must have seen my bar and thought he hadn't put it away so he put it in his ditty bag and didn't think about it until today.

I finished rigging my kite and lines and grabbed my board and went out with Klaus. We had a great time. I think we must have done about 6 or more passing hand slaps. He was happy and I was really happy.

At Belmont there were three sessions if you wanted it. Klaus and I had two great sessions and then Ruth arrived and we celebrated with a round of beers. Everyone was happy. Bill Swiskow was happy because he was one of the first out and his back is feeling better. Joe Walker was happy because he chose the right kite size today and had a blast. Ruth was happy because we were happy. Klaus was even happier when Ruth gave him a new Harley t-shirt and I was happiest because I got my bar back....no questions asked.

I rode my bike down to the beach for a closing shot. Then.....

I saw the almost full moon and said, "This is the closing shot." I hope it blows tomorrow. Dan and Jason are coming down. Naturally we hope tomorrow will be as great as today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home