Friday, March 28, 2008

They said it couldn't be done...and it didn't!!!

If you even remotely believed my blog yesterday that Belmont could deliver three days of great wind in a row must have been dreaming. Or maybe you were in a daze from just returning from Maui. Whatever the reason our kiting today was very limited. It was maybe a 2 on a scale from 1 to 10.

The funny thing is I was doing beach repair to both my North 07 Rhinos, the four end struts on the 16 as well as the 12 are not doing well. So somewhere around 2 Todd Winnick came over to keep me company. About that time Tim Howell and his wife Betty and friend Scott drive up on their Harley's. Cool bikes and loud too.

Tim, Betty and Scott were on their way to Legend's to toss down a few when they decided to drop by to say "Hello." Tim is very proud of his new fully dressed cruiser. I'll get all the technical info later. Suffice it to say "Hey, Tim this one's a keeper and love the horn."

I think it's the law, if you come over to the Corbett house, be ready to pose for a group shot. Here is L-R Betty, me, Ruth, Todd and Tim. I wore the hat for just for Todd.

They roared off to the bar and Todd and I walked down to the beach. This is what we saw, 6 kites in the air and no one on the water.It was not going to be a three-peat today.

The kiting "Todd's" got together today while waiting for the wind. Todd Winnick (left) and Todd Snyder (right) had not seen one another for a while. When I asked them to pose they said "Sure", that's when they flashed me the "time." They were just having too much fun talking about the old kite days. Check out Snyders's posting on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As9aY8oHBA) and while there check out youtube.com/watch?v=G-sWG4om0AQ&NR=1. Both are fun to watch.

When the wind did come up (for about 10 minutes) Klaus said to Todd, "Take my Rebel (16), I'm not using it. There's not enough wind." So Todd grabbed Klaus's kite and my 145 Litewave and set-out on a journey. He walked up to Dog Beach and launched. Klaus said, "Jim, he goes to the same school you do. He walks way up the beach to launch." At one point Todd was really ripping.

Klaus had purchased a 6'er of imported beer from TJ's and shared it with the group as we continued our chat fest. The beer definitely helped.

Then at one point, I think it was Joe Walker who said, "That doesn't look right, does it? What is it?" That became the focus of attention for the next 10 minutes. What was it, a body? A part of a boat?

I definitely think this young Latino girl should get some sort of reward from the city. She saved them a lot of money by rescuing that buoy....hundreds. Maybe more, who knows. Those two kids were the hero's on the beach in my estimation.

See you on the beach...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home