Tuesday, March 18, 2008

SPRING IS HERE.......

Hello sun lovers. For the past few days our weather in Long Beach has starting to switch from winter to, well, almost summer. But unfortunately on Thursday we got skunked. But don't get me wrong it was still a fun day.

Al Navas drove his new Hummer out on the ramp. Cool wheels AL !!!!!

Then Mark brought out his new weapon. Cool board Mark !!!!!!!

Then Mark, Luca, Charles and I gave a big thumbs down to the wind today. Charles said that tomorrow it should be better.

I had to drive up to Hollywood and do some work. On the way up, I had to jump out of the car near the museum and catch this sunset. To me it's almost like a picture postcard.

Now it's Friday and today turned out to be a really good kite day. Unfortunately I didn't take many shots because I was out kiting. I have to figure out how to set it on remote control.

Here's one of someone rigging in the sand storm.

And here's Juliano rigging as fast as he can. That was it, I put my camera away and went kiting. It was the best kite day I've had this week. It was about 18 mph, a good direction and not too cold.

After I changed out of my wet suit, I grabbed my camera for an end to the day "Ahhhhh."

Saturday. Now Saturday's wind started blowing early in the day. I think there was a storm front coming. Whatever it was, to me it was OVER THE TOP.

The trees tell the story. It was over 20 mph with gusts over 30.

I also think everyone got the day off. It went something like, "Honey, it's blowing at Belmont and I've got to go. Everyone is there. You understand don't you dear?" Boy do we suck at fibbing.

I think there were about 40 kites out, counting Seal. Unfortunately we had to negotiate around a few boats too. The middle section was like the open ocean.

Kyle Van was definitely pulling off some air on Saturday. So was Dong and Todd. Sorry guys I missed catching your jumps.

After we washed the sand out of our hair, it was Miller Time.

Sunday was a fun day. The wind was not too intense. It was not super crowded and there was time to chat on the beach. I also had to repair my bar from yesterday.


We had a really good time today. You couldn't ask for more.....good friends, a few beers and plenty of wind to go around. Bobby (in yellow shirt), Luca (yellow vest), Naji (black wet suit), Juliano (in street clothes) and me on the left. We can't wait for next weekend.

Well it's time to head home and start the BBQ. It also looks like the clouds are starting to roll in again. There's been some great kiting the past few days. I hope you were able to got some of it. Now I think the weather is really going to start kicking in. I can't wait to start using chap stick and sun block again. See you on the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home