Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Academy Awards, surfing and wind.

As the Academy Awards are blaring in the background I am editing some pictures I took at Belmont today. I heard on the news last night there might be some big surf but I had no idea there could be big surf here, knowing that there is a sea wall that normally holds back the waves. When I got to the beach there were two surfers out, sharing the water with a couple of kiter's. Who unfortunately could not get out because there wasn't enough wind.












There was probably some huge surf down at Huntington or up at El Porto, but here in Belmont? I really enjoyed watching the surfers...right here. No wonder there are many that want to remove sections of the breakwater in order to bring surf action back and hopefully keep
our beaches cleaner than they currently are.

Regarding the Academy Awards, there were a few of my picks that won, such as Daniel Day-Lewis for lead actor in "There Will Be Blood", Javier Bardem for Best Supporting Actor in "No Country for Old Men" and "Ratatouille" for Best Animated Feature. I was surprised that
"No Country for Old Men" won for Best Picture and Best Direction. I had "Juno" and "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly." Another surprise was that "The Bourne Ultimatum" won for Best Sound Editing and Best Sound Mixing. Oh well there's next year..........chat soon.

1 Comments:

At February 25, 2008 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey big brother, love the blog. great pics and info too... thanks!

love you,

t

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home