Friday, February 22, 2008

Wind on Wednesday and Friday, come on Saturday

Hi gang,

Get your gear ready because tomorrow could be fantastic. This is what went on the past few days.


On Wednesday I was fighting the cold bug. Throwing down Airborne, Zicam and vitamin C ... all at the same time to beat the germs. Actually I'm not over it, but it's close enough.

When I saw the wind starting to blow late Wednesday I thought I'd better grab my camera and walk down to the beach. I knew I couldn't go out yet but I may as well catch some kite action. You can see the wind was really blowing.



It think it might have been between 18 to 20 mph, and a great direction too. Temperature, not too bad. I think in the 60's. By the time I got there Kyle was on the water. He makes kiting look so easy. There were only two maybe three kites out.





What's funny is I had to hide behind the lifeguard tower to keep the sand off the camera. But I still haven't found how to use the multi-shot function, so I was lucky to catch this jump of Kyle's. There were a lot more shots, but these tell the story of Wednesday.

Thursday it rained on and off so I went to the gym for a little while and then drove up to Marina del Rey for a PCG meeting. When I got home I chamoised the rain on the CR-V. Don't want water spots on the new finish and put it in the garage.

Friday brought a beautiful morning. Klaus called and asked how the wind was. I told him there wasn't much to report so I went to the gym for a couple of hours. When I walked home I noticed a couple of kites out and one was Rijk's. By the time I got down to Clarmount Rijk was wrapping up his gear and going home. He said he got in a great hour. Just then Kyle came running up the beach and I caught him just before he launched his kite, plus another jump.






I knew I didn't have much time to shoot many pictures because Ruth wanted to go to Ralph's and pick up groceries for dinner.

Just about the time I was ready to fire up Ruth's Corvette I decided to catch a few sunset shots. It is just fantastic what nature presents to the camera. After all you are just mixing some clouds, with the end of the day light and add the sun going down, MAGIC. Come on, how can you beat it?



No one knows what tomorrow will bring, but I did check the weather on KCAL9.com and listened to Jackie Johnson. She delivered great news, there's going to be gusty wind tomorrow. Just look out for the rain. No lightning is forecast. So far Rijk, Luca, Klaus and I are going to be at the trash can. Come on down.

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 at 12:53 AM , Blogger dolphingirl said...

LOVE THE SUNSETS! WOULD LIKE IT TO BE WARM ENOUGH FOR A GLASS OF WINE OR A MARGARITA. I'LL BET KYLE HAD NO IDEA HE WAS SO PHOTOGENIC! :)

SLEEPY TIME NOW, GOT TO DITCH THIS COLD!
DOLPHIN GIRL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home