Monday, February 18, 2008

Winter repeat. Did someone say GREAT day!

Yes, it's February 18th and I know it's supposed to be winter, but no worries because it blew today. That's two days in a row, but who's counting?

Early in the day I met up with Rijk at Aroma de Roma on Second Street and I said I would call him after I checked out the beach. It was about that time that Klaus dropped by the house. So he and I went out on the Claremont launch ramp and there was already a guy going out on a blue kite. That was about 2 o'clock. So I called Rijk, Klaus drove his Harley home, and about that time Bobby and Deon arrived on the scene. I can't believe how fast Deon rigs that foil and is ready to go. He was out, then Bobby was next. Rijk helped me launch and then Klaus and Rijk followed in short order.

Before long there were over a dozen, maybe 14 kites at Belmont and another 6 at Seal. Kyle at some point appeared on the scene, pulling off his usual very cool moves. At one point Rijk and I were pretty close and he went air borne. A great jump and down with a big splash at the end. Hey that's OK, this was his first time on the water since he broke his leg playing soccer a few months ago. Klaus said he had a good time too, but got caught in the "Black Hole" down by the junior lifeguard shack. Mean time Deon and I pulled off two "High Fives." Kiting is so much fun.

All in all it was a great day. We were on the water until about 4:30, that's about the time I tried my down winder. My last run turned out to be a walk up the beach. My feet are still "winterized" so they felt all the rocks and shells. To add insult to injury I went to my car and grabbed my camera to take a shot of the gang at the trash can; Klaus, Rijk, (Bobby & Kyle were showering and Deon had taken off). And my camera batteries were dead. Crap!! So after we changed Rijk and I drove back to the beach and I took "End of The Day" shots. I think I've learned my lesson to always bring my back-up batteries.

Don't know about tomorrow, they say there's a chance it might rain. Then again there's a chance there's going to be a three-peat. See you on the beach.




By the way, did anyone catch the Tour of California? I think it is so cool that California has it's own bicycle race.
It's like the Tour de France in our back yard, catch it on Versus. Fabian Cancellara has a 2 second lead on the others. Last year it finished in Long Beach, this year it's Pasadena.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home