Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Good Friday, or put another way, how to REALLY enjoy semi-retirement by taking a boat ride with friends.

On Thursday we got an invite from Pat and Terry to go on an early morning cruise around Belmont and Naples in their boat. Cool!!! What time do you want us there? 7 A.M. What????? OK, how about 7:30...That's a deal!!

Now we have to get to bed by 10 and set the clock for 6:30, and guess what, get up in the dark. Oh man. But we did it. We got up and to their dock at 7:30. I think they were surprised we were on time since we are such night owls. We never get up early. Well maybe by 10.

Laced with plenty of coffee we got to their dock and ready to go around Naples island.

Here we are, coffee in hand, jumping on-board and ready for the boat ride. Did someone say "Where's the heater?" Terry is holding the boat waiting for the photographer.

Don't the girls look great, even this early in morning? Left to right is Lenni, Pat, Patty and Ruth. They have been long time friends and traveling partners. They are also shopping buddies.

One of the things you can't help but drooling over are the beautiful boats that scattered around the harbor. This is just one on hundreds we saw on our travel and it was a sail boat.

One of the other things that you think about is how wonderful it is having the natural habitat preserved right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of the city. It's great to see nature up-close.

I can't tell you how many times I have driven over this bridge that leads from Naples to Belmont. This morning it looked magnificent. So calm, quiet and beautiful.

Terry, who's at the helm, may look like he's having a ball but he's really concentrating very hard because of the turbulent waters. OK, I forgot to tell him I was taking the picture. Me bad.

I tried to give him a kiss as a reward for all his hard work and great driving but he wouldn't hear of it.

When all was said and done, the coffee kicked in and we wanted more. Well in actuality Ruth and I went home and I took a nap. Hey, I had to be ready to kite later in the day. I'm semi-retired now, so I can legally take naps. Just ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home