Thursday, March 27, 2008

A three-peat in March? It could happen ! ! !

On Wednesday we had one of the nicest kite days in over a week. It blew for over three hours and there were maybe a dozen kiter's on the water. I rated it an 8.5 (out of 10) because the water was a little choppy and didn't have a wide kite area here at Belmont. It could have been better.

Fortunately today was a repeat and it definitely was better then yesterday. It was a solid 9 to 9.5. Great wind direction, the wind lasted a long time (over 5 hours), the air temp was nice, the kite area was wide and the water was pretty smooth. Great for jumping and getting up-wind.

Luca had come over to the house around 1:30 to chit-chat. At around 2 we walked down to the beach with our gear. We waited a little while to make sure the wind was going to come up before rigging. In the foreground is Joe Wilcox's Best Pro. He made it down yesterday and was able to get away today too. He love's the fact that the kite season is starting off strong.

Kyle was on the fence about rigging, but Mark Strauch was going for it and Luca was almost ready to get launched. I think Juliano was already out. Above Kyle and Mark were talking about his new board.

We looked up and Al Navas was powered up and going out. That kicked everyone into gear. Juliano walked up the beach, I launched Luca, Mark self launched, Joe Wilcox self launched, then I got Joe's huge North 20 "C" up in the air, then I launched and got out. Kyle was right behind us.

At one point a few of us hit the beach for a break. I think Joe Wilcox was done for the day, but the rest of us posed for the camera. Left to right, Mark, Juliano, Luca, me, Kyle and Joe Walker. Joe is just getting use to the posing thing....by the way the reason Kyle still had his kite in the air is he wasn't done. He wanted more....MORE????

The wind came back up and Kyle went for it.

I don't know if I caught a hop or if this was a loop or maybe a jump. Whatever it was I thought it was cool with the sun's reflection on the water and the spray of the jump just hanging there.

After cleaning up I rode my bike down the bike path and caught this lone kiter doing a little sand sliding at the end of the day. I think the gulls were distracted.

It was such a beautiful day you would think it was summer. There were about 20 of us out today and I think there's going to be more kites on the water as we head for the weekend. Maybe there's a 10 in our future.

1 Comments:

At April 1, 2016 at 4:00 AM , Blogger alina said...

Hi! your work and its posting with pictures is appreciable. It is totally full of important information.I just buy a pumps for sup from bravo pumps australia And this work very good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home