Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Yes, semi-retired and cherishing the weekend.

It's Wednesday evening and I'm tired. I have been busy on and off the past two weeks putting the finishing touches to the dialogue and sound effects on a low budget movie I have been working on since November. I think we are closing in on it, we may be finished by May or maybe June. This is typical of projects of love (and comedy).

In the mean time I have been savoring the memories of last Saturday and Sunday. Two great days of kiting and spending time with my youngest son Dan and his cousin Jason. The two days were also filled with a lot of passing hand slaps, but that's another story.
As you can see the sand was kicking up. I think Jason had the wind meter out at one point and said it was gusting 16-18 mph. In any event most kiters rigged on the small side, 14's, 12's and even 8's.
Luca is going out on his 12 and Bobby was rigging his 14.

Bobby on the right meets Deon Aumaier. Who is the real deal? Bobby likes to clown around and Deon makes his living at it.

I haven't been checking my emails lately, but I bet Al has a little story about the "one that got away." Naturally I missed the good part, I just caught the end. Hmmm, I've got to get better at this or else.

On Saturday and Sunday, because the weather was so warm and the wind was so good, we saw a lot of kiters we haven't seen in a while. No this it not one of them. Juliano has been around plenty.
I think this is Joe Wilcox, but I'm not sure. I blew up the picture to get a better look at it but it was all blurry. Can any one tell who the kiter is I captured? Maybe Faycal? Sorry I didn't catch the kite.

Dan is taking his first ride on a bow kite. He took out my North Rhino 12 and my Litewave 145. He looks pretty focused.
It looks like there's enough wind and enough board to get him out too. GO DAN!!!!!!

I think Naji was out on his 12 also!!
Dan put down his kite and put on his instructors hat. Jason was ready to continue with what he had learned yesterday. Getting up.

Hey Jason, don't look at the kite, look at the water. Wait a minute, I forgot ... he's only been kiting about 6 hours, spread over three days. GO JAY!!!
At the end of the day there were a lot of happy kiters. From the left; Juliano, Jason, Luca, Bobby, Joe, Rudy (Bongo) and me. Check out Bobby's tan lotion, it's lasted all day long. I guess Dan was sill out on the water.

See you on the water, Jim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home