Wednesday, April 9, 2008

We've waited days and today it blew...BIG TIME !!!

Yesterday I received many emails saying that Wednesday was going to be a great wind day. So I spent the morning looking for the kite bar I had left on the beach Monday evening. I put signs up, walked the beach, I called friends, checked with the lifeguards and the maintenance crews. But to no luck. Time to go to the beach.

The wind did not start very early. When I got the the camp Lance Smith, Omar Nazif and Joe Walker had arrived to take on the day. Lance got out, but it wasn't great. After a while he left. We stayed.

Look who has returned to Belmont, Dong Amihan. So did about 40 other kiters. How did so many people get the day off????? Who cares, it was a great day to enjoy.
Even though George Wiant had wrapped it for the day he saw some action in a small puddle of water just to the East of the Clairmont ramp.
Dong and Kyle were going to try to kite in about 6 inches of water. Let's watch. In the mean time look at the dozen kiter's at Seal. Everyone is having a great day.
Kyle gets ready.

How can you kite in just a few inches of water??? You have to weigh about 140 pounds, have a great board and plenty of wind.

Wow!!! Tricks in just inches of water. Sure I could do that...NOT!!!!

Deon Aumaier had a ball today too. He was out on his middle size foil. What a "HI FIVE" too. Ouch!

The wind lasted so long that Joe Wilcox got his fill and left, just as Mark Strauch got into his wet suit. I wish I had the ikitesurf print out because I'm guessing it blew for over 4 hours.

As the day wound down there was a little bit of walking.

Mark was one of the last kiter's on the water. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

As the sun went down, I packed it in for the day. I promised Klaus I would call him tomorrow if it blows. Let's hope we get two in a row before the weather changes. See you on the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home