Thursday, April 17, 2008

So many days, too many lost bars. Let's have fun !!

I've compiled a number of shots over the past few days and today was the day to share them.

The first was Klaus and me clowning at Belmont last week. He now has a new helmet and a new electric pump, that doesn't work. I think he took the pump back, but he still likes the helmet.

Next was our trip to Sunset Beach on Friday April 11th. Klaus wanted to venture out. That day Kyle, Dong, Joe W., Martin Z., Martin H., Diane, Rijk and many others ended up at Sunset.

Klaus walked up from Warner Ave. because he loved jumping. He discovered the ramps that the waves provided at Sunset Beach were fantastic, but his kite ended up in the water. Thus the walk.

Klaus met up with Martin Hubert, who's also German. They hit it off. Naturally I didn't understand a thing they said.
Spreken zie deutsch?

Another kiter that enjoyed the day was Diane Wenzel, who looked great out on the water, and on the beach. I wish I had a closer shot.

The three musketeers from Belmont really enjoyed the day at Sunset.

Kyle Van wrapped it up at the end of the day.

We ended the day watching this kiter trying to get the last ride of the day. It was too bad I didn't look around for my own equipment, because I ended up leaving my North 5 line bar for my Rhino on the beach. Boo hoo. Hey there's a reward!!!!

The next few days were a blur. On Saturday (12th) we were at Belmont with Juliano, Juliana, Tomaz, Ana, Dan, Jason, Ruth and a friend of Ana's that was going back to Brazil. It was a hot day.

One event caused some angst. A kite was blown out of a kiter's hands and ended up in the palm tree. We always get concerned when someone looses their kite because anyone can get hurt on the beach. Please think "Safety" at Belmont Kite Beach.

Here I was caught watching Dan going out with side shore wind. What the shot doesn't show is that Dan went down and he tried to self rescue. Let' all attend the Safety Clinic on May 10th. We can learn a lot in one day of free lessons about self rescue and other vital things.

Today, at the end of the day, I helped Juliano get his kite rigged and launched. He got out for about an hour and had fun. He said driving in the horrible traffic was worth it.

I ran and got my camera and caught Al Navas getting some major up wind. That RRD is sure working Al.

At the end of the day Juliano and I talked about our lives and shared how great it is even if you only get in a few minutes of kiting. The friendship and camaraderie between kiters is not to be believed. Life is great at the beach, no matter which beach you happen to be at. See you soon. Jim.
P.S. Check out SCKA.org, we want to encourage you to join.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home