Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saturday we had wind and a BD party. Sunday was just cold wind.

Saturday morning started out by saying "Bye, bye" to Ruthie who was off to the Renaissance Fair with her friend Allen Kizuka. She goes every year with him and every year I say "Have fun."

My next step was to meet Dan and Jason down a the beach with all the gear. We had to wait a while for the wind to come up but when it did, at around 4:30, it was good for the guys until after 7.

Here Dan and Jason get ready to go out just as the wind was coming up.

Dan was totally comfortable using the 16 Rhino. He gets up wind very easy now and is currently working on his directional transitions. I missed catching this one. "Dad you're so slow."

I had to leave the boys and go to Tim Howell's birthday party up on 2nd Street. Sorry guys, time to watch each other..AND NO ACCIDENTS!!!!! Ruth showed up to watch them after I left.

This was a first for me, going to a party and getting a hair cut. Hmmmmm????

Tim, the birthday boy on the left, toasts me with a Guinness. His fav and mine too.

Look out honey, don't hurt my friend Timmy. This is the before.....and....

This is the after. Betty had to check out her husbands shave. How close was it Tim??????

Ten guys and one girl. Pretty good odds Betty!!!!! It was a great fun party. Don't we look cute?

Since Tim is a Harley dude he loved all his motorcycle themed presents.

Naturally we couldn't stop just at one place, so we had to go for the gusto. Next stop Legend's. It was a lot of fun since the Long Beach Gran Prix brought lots of people to 2nd Street that night.

The next morning Luca, who just returned from Italy came over to the house with Monica to say "Ciao." They were loving the new rose blooms. Luca is still on Italy time so he is waking up at 5 a.m. He will be back kiting soon. In the mean time it was great to hang out with them.

Sunday was such a great afternoon of kiting with lots of wind. There were so many shots that I wanted to take but I was out on the water with no camera. At the end of the day I caught Faycal walking up the beach with a buddy in silhouette. I hope you like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home