Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Weekend, Part 2, Sunday

With yesterday's skunk behind us, it was time to concentrate on today. Dan came over around 2:30 and we headed for the beach.

Wow was I surprised. I saw a little wind but I didn't think it was blowing 15.

Dan was at "camp" chatting with David (L) and Luca (C). David said that there was a catamaran regatta. Look how clear and close Catalina looks.

Dan wasted no time getting rigged. He's body dragging out to avoid the stingrays.

As Dan goes out on his starboard tack, I can't stop thinking about how close Catalina looks.

I didn't do a very good job, but here is Chad pulling off a cool trick.

Kyle takes a little break. The wind backed off a little.

After a few minutes the wind came back up and Dan went back out.

So did Chad and Kyle.

It was good seeing Kyle out at Belmont. I think he's been doing a little kiting down at Sunset too.

Dan is starting to push himself. Here was a little jump he pulled off.

I'm pretty sure Dan is liking the day so far. He would have given two thumbs up if he could.

The one that got away. Hey John grab that guys kite!!

Kyle gets a little air.

Dan gets a little air.

Chad does a transition.

Kyle does a transition.

Dan does a transition.

I think that's it for Dan. Not a bad day considering he just got his new gear less than a week ago. It's time for a Coors light. Chad and Kyle were the last ones off the water. They continued kiting down by the houses on the Peninsula.

As Dan and I walked home you couldn't help think, "I wonder what the wind will be like tomorrow." Naturally we would love a repeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home